Saturday, November 17, 2012

Frosty Border

Hello sweet friends ...
Things are settling down here now that Gipsy is home ... Of course she is in charge once again and everything is revolving around her ... She seems very nervous and doesn't venture far ... just steps out into the garden occasionally and likes to stay close to Mike. 
We are all so grateful for your wishes and prayers ... Lets hope she has learned her lesson ...

I also want to say a big Thank You to the lovely ladies at Just Us Girls for picking my card as 
"Chic of The week"
This was the first time I ever tried ribbon weaving so I am grateful to them for introducing me to a technique that I will definitely do again ...

I treated myself to a new die by Memory Box ... The frosty border die and I love it! It cuts so cleanly even though it is quite intricate. I have just ordered a couple more of these ... I discovered that even the craft store in Salford Quays has now closed down so other than Hobby Craft ... which isn't local either ... we have nowhere to shop ... Thank goodness for the internet.

Here are some quick cards I made using the new border die ...


The script paper 'Twas the night before Christmas' and the sentiments are by Pink Petticoat


The glittery paper and the overcast weather don't make for good photos I'm afraid


... A closer look at the border


I've had these little 3D bauble stickers for years!


I think this one is my favourite



I hope you are having a lovely start to your weekend ... 

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments ... I am so grateful

Till soon ... keep safe

~ Ros ~





23 comments:

Sasha said...

Three beautifully created Christmas cards, Ros. I love your frosty border die! I bought those sentiments from PP last week, but haven't used them yet. They look lovely!:)
Congrats on being picked as 'Chic of the Week'
I sounds as if, Gipsy didn't have a very nice adventure. She will probably be more reluctant to wander in future...hopefully! :) x

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your card, the white on white with the little accents of colour look fantastic!!

Rebekah said...

Breathtaking.. so beautiful Love your trio of cards.
SO glad to hear your beloved kitty is home:)
Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

Beautiful cards, Ros. Love that Memory Box die and your fishtail flags.

Glad to hear Gipsy is settling in again.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars!!!! These are sooooo adorable Ros!!! I love that die!!!

♥Jan♥ said...

Oh, I can imagine how beautiful this is in real life - it is completely stunning in your photos. What an amazing card !! Sorry I have been away this week - that surgery didn't recover as I had wished, and I have been ill. BUT - congrats on your ribbon weaving win at JUGS !! Holy cow, another gorgeous creation, by far the prettiest card EVER, and I hope you will use that technique again and again, it looks made for you. AND your kitty back home again, what a relief, and I imagine such joy on everyone's parts !! Thinking of you, though I have been a lousy correspondent... Hugs and love --J--

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Ros, these are ever so lovely! EAch and every one is as beautiful as the last. Congrats on your win, too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of cards Ros! Love the fancy border!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW, ROS! These are ALL so GORGEOUS! LOVE the mostly white with the POPS of color! LOVE the text banner and those ornaments! FABULOUS!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous die and your cards are stunning using it. I'm so glad to gear that Gipsy is back with you. Deb x

Jacqueline said...

These are beautiful Ros and I'm so glad your cat came home!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Three beauties Ros!! I love the variations you achieved..each one gorgeous on it's own! The beautiful banners, ornaments and use of text...Mmmmmwwwahh!

Unknown said...

Your cards look beautiful my friend. I am so glad your kitty is back. I know that has to be so nerve racking..

Take card my friend.

Hugs~

Linda Breedlove said...

What a beautiful die, Ros... they've each turned out so lovely! Surprising that you haven't used those bauble stickers till now, they're gorgeous... and the sentiment word Christmas is fabulous!!! Love the way it's written (if that makes sense, being a stamp)! Anyway, your cards are all lovely!
Hugs!

Stella said...

I am so happy to read that Gipsy returned home...and your cards; I love that border die. Your cards are gorgeous; the combo of this border die and the fishtail banners is one of my faves...wow!
XXXXXXX

Barbara said...

You really get going on your Christmas cards now and they are all beautiful! I love that new die - I've seen it on other cards already and find it fascinating to say the least.

Heather Rogers said...

These are all beautiful Ros! I love the slight variation. :)

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Hmmmm.... you have been working hard on getting those christmas project done, wonderful work!

Diane said...

Congrats on your win...these 3 cards are stunning....I couldn't even pick a favorite if I had to!! Aren't these new dies so fun to work with...fun, but addicting!! So glad your kitty is home...will have to post a pic of mine so you can see how much they look alike!!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad to hear that Gipsy is back home! That is great news:)
The cards are absolutely stunning!
Beautiful details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Lynnda said...

beautiful cards Ros... hugs...xoxo

Sylvia said...

Love that new lace border, Ros, love all your Christmas cards! Have a wonderful week.

Michelle said...

I'm happy your dog returned!
Beautiful trio of cards, Ros! Love the snowflake border!