Tuesday, June 11, 2013

City Crafter "All About Him"

Hello ...
My posts this week are scheduled as I am away and according to my Aunt with whom I will be staying ... We have a full week!

At City Crafter today Our lovely Kirsty is hosting for us and the challenge she has set this week is 
"All About Him"


The challenge is to create a Father's Day card or a Masculine card

Our Guest Designer this week is the Uber talented Jinny Newlin  who also happens to be one of the sweetest bloggers too ... Please take a moment to go visit her blog and be awed by her talent and her cute children

I came up with a bright beach themed card this week 


Some MME paper with an image I had in my stash to which I added some eyelets and rope for a little interest ... the silhouette stamp is from a freebie set that came with a magazine


The banners were made by stamping with my blenders onto white CS in different inks and then I sponged around the card too


I looking forward to seeing what you all come up with ... Masculine cards can be a challenge at the best of times! 
Don't forget to take a look at the rest of the DT projects too ...

Have a beautiful Day

~ Ros ~



17 comments:

Lynnda said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the color too.... and those banners! hugs...x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh love this, so many fun elements and fantastic stamping!! Hope you are having a great time at your aunts!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, love your banners! Hope you are having a wonderful time with your aunt! Have a beautiful day.

Davi said...

Fabulous Ros!! Love the beachy theme, the cool knotted rope and that fun row of housed :)

Unknown said...

Ros, this card is really beautiful. Colors are so nice and picture is very interesting!)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE everything about this card Ros, I love the rope and those adorable beach houses, the silhouette...perfect card!!

Jinny Newlin said...

So much to love here, Ros, from that silhouette image to your pennants to that amazing textured rope! Such a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Your card looks fabulous. What a wonderful design. Once again I have to say your rocked this challenge.

Hugs~

Diane said...

So creative with the eyelets and the rope...what a perfect stamp for your image, too...love it!! This will be a big challenge for me, I have a hard time making male cards, maybe it's because the "species" annoy me at times...lol!!

Barbara said...

A wonderful summery card - makes me want to go out and walk on the beach!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the eyelets and rope you added to that FAB image and those banners are the Best! Now all you need to do is come visit me at the beach!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome card, I like that image and what a brilliant idea to add the "rope", wonderful work Ros!

Unknown said...

What a 'fresh' setting you have created Ros, love this sweet little beach scene with the nice silhouette couple walking along the shore. So pretty! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Tracy said...

I love the way you've laid this card out. The eyelets and rope are perfect for your beach theme and so are the summer colors. Great job Ros!

Sylwia-eR said...

Just beautiful....I love a silhouette stamp image: )

Heidi said...

Your card is beautiful Ros!
Lovely details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Michelle said...

Great color palette and love the rope!