Thursday, December 19, 2013

Another Birthday

Thursday already!
And it's a bright sunny day here ... cold but perfect for a walk if you wrap up warm ...

It's also a male friend's birthday ... There are so many this time of year and it's hard switching from Christmas cards to birthday cards and back again...
It took me a while to do this I can tell 'ya


... but I always get there in the end


There's a mix of papers here and the centre kraft coloured one is a scrap from a My Minds Eye pack that I have simply adored ... every page of this pad has been a joy 


I do have a cutting machine but I actually cut the bow by hand ... it's supposed to be like a bow tie

So, what plans have you for today? I'm off to see a friend and drop off a gift ... tomorrow it's lunch with my GFs ... Sunday I'm off to Lincoln to see my Aunt ... Busy busy busy...

Wishing you a beautiful day and Compliments of the season

Till soon

~ Ros ~




14 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

I can imagine that it was hard to suddenly switch to birthday mode, but this card looks great, love the bow tie bow! I bet the card was much appreciated!

Lynnda said...

Ros... this card is so beautiful! I'm loving your bow and pp used.... Sweet! hugs...x

Darnell said...

That bow tie topper makes your card look like the gift itself, Ros!! Those colors and your design are sensational!!

I want to wish you Happy Holidays now, in case I don't get a chance to visit again before Christmas! Thank you for your friendship and support! Holly Hugs! Darnell

Rebecca Deeprose said...

What a terrific card Ros! The 'bow-tie' is perfectly suited (hehe) for a guy card and I love the playfulness you've added with the stars and sentiment! Safe journey dear friend and a Happy Christmas

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE a great teal and kraft, color palette, and I cannot believe you hand cut that bow! It's perfect!

Anonymous said...

So So pretty Ros!! Love the bow and colors!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your card...I am so glad I do not have to share my Birthday with a holiday lol! You have a great Christmas!

Carol

Davi said...

Great man card Ros, I love your very cool bow!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Darling card! I love your paper choice too!
Have a wonderful time with gf, ever since Linda left, I never have any more gf time, wish we were closer : (

Barbara said...

(I could have sworn I'd commented already...) What a pretty card! I love the colors and also that ribbon you made!

Unknown said...

I can imagine having to switch from one theme to another can be difficult, but it makes a nice change, doesn't it? You do male cards so well Ros, just love this design! Hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! I love that beautiful die cut bow. :)

Heidi said...

Beautiful design!
Lovely details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Jackie Scott said...

Great switch! Such a stunning card. It is a well designed card for a male!
Happy New Year!