Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cosy ...

Hello ...

It's cold outside ... windy and bleak 
I got to choose the prompt today for 



And what better than Cosy...


This time of year with fairy lights twinkling and candles glowing ... it makes for such a cosy atmosphere ... 
The above photo is my mantle piece ... in the evening it looks so warm -
 It's no secret that I love candles and twinkling lights... even on a summer's evening I love the glow and the cosy feeling I get from them...

I love simple glass jars with tea lights in 
Here are a few that light up my home ... ones I didn't make because these were so inexpensive ... both of them were under £2 each


I love this French one ... happily nesting amongst my book folded houses


I took my photos in daylight so you can imagine how cosy these look in the evening

Here's a Christmas one


You may have noticed the one on my mantle ... this is it during the day


I printed the photo of Ross & Sophia onto vellum and wrapped it around the candle ... come evening 


They look like they are walking into a cosy sunset ...

This is my kind of cosy on a cold winter's day ... what's yours?

We'd love you to link up with us at Our Beautiful World ...

Enjoy your Sunday and stay Cosy 

~ Ros ~






20 comments:

Alexa T said...

Charming items for Christmas decorations... A Lovely and Cozy Sunday, also!

Poppy said...

Ros,

Your pretty holiday mantel is aglow with cozy and calming elegance. Isn't it amazing what the flickering light of a few pretty candles can do for one's mood?!

Poppy

Linda Breedlove said...

How beautiful and inviting... I can imagine curled up in a chair, a warm throw over your lap and a mug of tea A perfect setting a for a cold winter's eve. You are quite the decorator, Ros... what a lovely, cosy mantle!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Shahrul Niza said...

You have a beautiful, cozy home ... a little glow around the house indeed warms the heart. HUGS.

Rebekah said...

Beautiful!! Love the warm glow.
I agree, I love candles and twinkle lights even in the summer time too!
Great pics!!

Davi said...

Im with you Ros, candles are always cozy! They are all beautiful, love the French one and your vellum one is so pretty! Im intrigued with your very cool book trees!! Did you make those??

Barbara said...

Yes, that is cozy... I have... 7 candles burning in my living room just now.... and the glittering lights on the Christmas tree. The idea with the photo printed on vellum is so clever - it really does look ike they're walking into the sunset!

Unknown said...

Your mantle is gorgeous. I have to agree all the tiny twinkling lights and candles sure does give it a cozy feel. So pretty my friend.

Hugs~

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous photos of your beautiful decorations Ros! Love your book trees!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very beautiful holiday decor, it sure feel cozy over there!!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful!! That truly is cozy... <3

Sasha said...

Lovely photos Ross.....everything looks beautifully cosy x

Sylvia said...

Love your lovely photo's of cozy things, Ros! Nothing better than candle light, a fire in the fireplace, to feel warm and snuggley!

Diane said...

Wow!!! I have enjoyed seeing your decorating, so beautiful and inviting..and yes, cozy, too!!! I bet you really enjoy sitting in this room in the evening...gorgeous!!

Heidi said...

How cozy!
Beautiful decor:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Anonymous said...

Stunning Ros!! I love to see al your pretty pics!

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous photos Ros... hugs...x

Unknown said...

You sure know how to create the loveliest of corners Ros, such delicate adornments, a truly wonderful atmosphere! Hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tracy said...

My oh my doesn't that mantel look stunning. Your flowers are so elegant and those candles tucked in really make it extra cozy. Family is part of cozy, right? :-) Hugs!

Zue said...

It is amazing what can be done with old books?
I love candles too!
Your mantle piece looks a fabulous and definitely cosy!
Sue xxx