Friday, August 22, 2014

PTI Design Tips

Hello!

How are you all? 
I have had a really busy week at home ... just the usual, cleaning cooking and baking ... 
This week I've made a 3 loaves of bread, 24 sticky buns and a lemon and blueberry desert ... so I'm still being creative... And I had Pat come around for a lesson in how I made This set

 Today I have a card to share using the PTI design tip from Maile Belles which involves cut out panels

Unfortunately my stamps from PTI are very limited so I used a holly stamp by Dovecraft to make this Christmas card ... Yes, you heard me right ... A Christmas card Lol!


I just thought it would be a good stamp to use for this technique and I really like the result


I did use a PTI ink (Ripe Avocado) to colour my holly leaves with


I'm going to have to invest in some more stamps I think because I like this effect and I guess you've noticed that I'm still bewitched by blue and green colours 

I hope your day is going well ... It's almost the weekend ... Have a good one!

Till soon

~ Ros ~





13 comments:

Pamellia said...

I love it Ros! Everything is so dimensional and the stripes really make it flow! If you were to mail me a sticky bun, do you think it would be here by lunch time? lol Have a great weekend, hugs :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is wonderful Ros, I never have time to play with PTI design tips, maybe I should!

Barbara said...

A Christmas card - and such a nice one! It truly is a nice effect and gives me ideas...

Chriss Blagrave said...


You have been busy with baking! It has been over 100 degrees here of late with no relief in sight, so there isn't any baking going on in these parts!
Love your striped panel for the inset. I saw this today too and I am interested in trying. Just have to collect my thoughts and plan what stamp to use...I think a Christmas one is a great idea ;)
Have a great weekend Ros!

Mrs Beez said...

So stylish Ros and I love the simplicity of the design that showcases that fabulous stamp.The gems are the icing on the cake.

Diane said...

Very pretty and fun technique...lovely Christmas card...love the pretty soft colors and design!! Baking...did you say baking??...YUM...it all sounds so good! It is HOT and humid here...not complaining though, it's better then that "white stuff"...LOL!!

Sue Lelli said...

I would be HAPPY to enable your stamp purchases, especially when you make FAB cards like this one! OMG I just LOVE the design, the colors and the holly! Just wonderful! I might see a CASE coming on!

Tracy said...

LOL Well at least you have another one to add to your stash. I like the panels and your fancy sentiment. The linen look of that paper is so wonderful. Hugs!

Rebekah said...

You have been busy!! Gorgeous card!

Manuela said...

great design of your card!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, Christmas will be here before we know. Why all the baking? Sounds really delicious!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! The rhinestone berries look fantastic!

fim.works said...

A beautiful card - but already to early for even thinking about christmas ;-)

P. S. Thanks for stopping by, Ros & have a nice week!

Frauke