Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lovebirds

Hello!

It's been a busy week again - I've also been preparing a project for tonights Thursday Club in between seeing to the workmen and all the other jobs that seem to fall my way ... I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing ... I guess a woman never retires huh?

One of my GF's celebrates her birthday and wedding anniversary this weekend
Here's the anniversary card I made her


A kind of mish mash of things here ... I'm still using up bits and pieces together with some embellishments I received as gifts
That lovely flower charm was one of a bunch my sweet friend Ira sent me


...and those cute lovebirds came from my friend Stella
Just a simple card I know, but I like it.....


A Christmas card arrived today from my lovely blog friend Rebecca - It was posted 9th December!! Not sure if the delay is down to the US mail service or Royal Mail - maybe both... but it was worth the wait - take a look


What a talented lady ... I love those colours

Well I'm freezing here so I'm off to get a hot drink ...

Have a lovely day / evening

~ Ros ~








11 comments:

Zue said...

You are so right, we never really slow down, us women!
Good luck with all your refurbishments.
Sue xxx

Diane said...

Lovely "lovebird" card for your GF..pretty creative layers at the top, too...I love your always pretty and soft designs...as I am sure she will!! Retirement, yes that is for men...but, lucky for me, mine is still working...LOL!!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card you made for your friend Ros, love the embellishment on the 'O'. What a gorgeous card you got from Rebecca too! I have also not received a couple of cards yet and they were apparently mailed early December as well, silly postmen! lol. until next time, big hugs :)

Unknown said...

Adorable card Ros, it looks so romantic. Glad Stella and I were able to contribute a little something ;-)
Love the card Rebecca sent you, fab design! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a lovely, delicate anniversary card! Love the embellishments! x

Unknown said...

I have never been so busy since I retired. I think thats because my hubby is retired as well. So we are always out and about together.

Your card looks beautiful.

Hugs~

Greta said...

Hi Ros--love the pretty double edge on that sweet anniversary card & the love birds & brad really make it special! I'd say someone left that card sitting in a truck somewhere--my cards to the UK made it in 2 weeks. But you're right--so worth the wait for that stunning creation!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, so lovely!!!!!

Tracy said...

I like it too! Lots of fun embellies and a sweet design. :-)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and soft card, Ros, also love your Christmas card....it was probably the US mail service. I am not sure whether any of the cards I mailed got where they should have!

Maria said...

Sorry Ros, I got behind and am trying to catch up here with your lovely creations! Very pretty embellishments on this delicate card...well done!