Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Little Decor

Hi there ...

I've not much to post right now ... Just been working on upcoming DT projects and busy with life
However, I thought you may like to see how my dining area is shaping up


So ... it's been redecorated and a faux panel wall constructed ... I haven't been able to find a photo of the before but trust me it's totally different


This is an old pine unit I've had for years and I'm loathe to part with it so I used a chalk paint to give it a new lease of life and using wax paper I added the french graphic ... a freebie from The Graphics Fairy


New handles that sparkle and catch the light and new lamps too ... You can see the runner under the glass top which I made from (matching to the paper) fabric which I also used to cover the seats of the new Ikea chairs


The table is also from Ikea - a lucky find in the bargain section and just the right size - I painted the top too and then we had glass made to fit


I painted the old mirror and I added my trade mark splatters in pewter Lol!
The 3 bottles wrapped in burlap I found at The Range and today they have fresh daffodils in
There is some more work to complete ... namely I managed to get a shuttered mirror yesterday which I intend to paint and put at the other end of the room together with a little shelf ... 

It seems to have been a long process not least of all because the guy who was to finish off the new beading around the floor never returned - we waited 3 weeks and ended up having to finish it ourselves plus DH had to do a little more papering 

We're pleased with the result though and next stop is the new insulated roof to be done on the conservatory which means that too will be decorated soon.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to

Till soon take care

~ Ros ~


20 comments:

Maggid said...

Gorgeous!

Samra said...

Ros, your dining room is just gorgeous!! I love what you did with that cabinet!! What an amazing result...even though I did not see before picture, I trust you when you say it looked different :)

Diane said...

WOW Ros, this is beautiful, looks like it should be in a magazine...so soft, pretty, dreamy and gorgeous...so many pretty decor details...I would hate to use it , it is so pretty...gorgeous my friend, gorgeous!!

Manuela said...

Hi Ros, your new dining area looks super and very pleasant, a lot of light in the room and all the light colors!

Davi said...

Wow Ros your redo on your dining room is Fantastic!! I love all the white and the striped wall! The chalk paint gave your buffet a great new look :) Enjoy your weekend!

Pamellia said...

What a lovely home you have Ros! As someone who lives in a dingy old apartment, I so appreciate the bright shiny wonderful room you have! hugs :)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

You have done such a fantastic job on this room Ros!! It's beautiful and I hope you have many happy times enjoying your gorgeous surroundings!! Hugs, Rebecca

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I honestly thought the picture was from a magazine!!! I am so in love with the blue color combo!!

Carol

Barbara said...

I can't believe you did that (or most of it anyway) yourself! It is absolutely stunning and certainly worth the wait! When will the first guests be over?!

Kara Lynne said...

At first I thought you were showing us a Pinterest picture of what you wanted to do in your dining room, but this is YOUR dining room! Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Greta said...

What a wonderful room, Ros! I'd love to sit in there all day--light, fresh & beautiful! You're a great decorator!

Sue Lelli said...

Just GORGEOUS, Ros! I'll bet it's ever prettier IRL! LOVE the runner and seat cushions you made and that stencil is just FAB! THX for sharing the photos!

Mona Pendleton said...

Looks so pretty Ros! So refreshing looking!

Unknown said...

Wowzers Ros, your dining room looks absolutely gorgeous and so light! Lovely colours and I love how you transformed your cabinet. Fab new spring feel! Enjoy!!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

Oh it looks beautiful. It almost has a beachy feel to it. I LOVE it.

Hugs, Linda
My Happy Place

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ros! It looks like it could be out of a magazine! Very bright and clean...so lovely!

Stella said...

Oh my gosh; I want to sit there for a whole day and enjoy every detail! Ros you did a wonderful and beautiful job; I LOVE . That pine unit is amazing and your new dining table is gorgeous. I can hardly wait till April :)
XXX

Tracy said...

It's so fresh and inviting Ros. You have a beautiful home.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You are amazing, I love your newly renovated room, wish I could have tea with you there someday!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Your new dining room looks absolutely STUNNING!!! I love the fresh colours and all the painted touches. And that little frame with 'I love you' on it. I'm virtually drooling over every single item! x