Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Happy Birthday City Crafter!!

Hello and good morning!!

City Crafter Challenge is celebrating this month ... We have just turned 5 years old!!


We have a month long party planned so for the next 4 weeks each of the Designers will create a card 
The challenge is to CASe the card
You can pick up on the colours, the sketch or any element and make a version that is entirely yours
The designers have each sponsored a prize for the winner of each of the 4 challenges

Today we are kicking off with a card designed by Samra


...and this is fabulous the prize Samra is offering to the winner


I love Samra's shabby chic card and wanted to see if I could put a modern twist on the design - Here's what I came up with


I kept the sketch the same but used a host of butterflies instead of flowers ... They were cut from a piece of CS that I had sprayed first with various inks and paints


You can't really see from the photos but I used an iridescent paint for the butterfly bodies and together with the touches of gold in the wings they are quite shiny


We also have an amazing Guest Designer joining us this week ... Lula ... click on the link to go visit her blog and say "Hi" You will be enthralled with her lovely creations!

Don't forget to hop on over to the City Crafter Blog to check out all this week's creations and come join the party!!

Have a wonderful day!

~ Ros ~




26 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Ros--a stunning Case of Samra's gorgeous card! You're an amazing designer!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Ros - I love how you've CASed the card for CCC - in 'your' gorgeous colours - the flight of butterflies is perfect, nice sentiment too

Diane said...

Wow, this is stunning and so creative....love all the colors and the shine to this piece!!! I think you have once again knocked it "out of the park" as they say...beautiful, beautiful my friend!! We are finally getting a bit of Spring here, the Daffodils in the woods are blooming, as are the Crocus!!

Samra said...

WOW!!! Your kind is absolutely mind blowing Ros!!! Love your take on my card, just love it!!! Such an amazing modern piece of art!!

Pamellia said...

Love your interpretation of Samra's card Ros!! You made a bouquet of butterflies, how amazing is that!! Love the cool palette, so soft. hugs :)

Davi said...

Wow Ros you did a fantastic job putting on the modern spin! I love the soft colors and way you used the butterflies, way clever my friend :)

Zue said...

Wonderful butters...I wish we had some like that in the garden.
I did enjoy Easter....hope you did too.
Sue xxx

Sue Lelli said...

OMGOSH I LOVE the butterflies and the colors! Just GORGEOUS, Ros!

Manuela said...

wow, so pretty love the soft colors and the beautiful swarm of butterflies.

Manuela said...

and happy birthday to 5 years :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW Ros, just stunning!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

so beautiful and unique!
I also love the movement!
Thanks for sharing this graceful card with us Ros!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful twist of Samra's flower card, lovely cluster of butterflies Ros!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

And.... I forgot to say, thanks for sticking with me for so long, you are a wonderful team mate!

Mrs Beez said...

Lovely card Ros. Great colours and the cluster of butterflies is stunning. I also love the dimension you have given to the banner.

Kara Lynne said...

Wow! What a whimsical, gorgeous design! I love the branch and butterflies. I also love the curved sentiment detail!

Maria said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card with all the pretty butterflies! Love how you did the vellum sentiment with the star! Happy 5th Anniversary to CCCB!

Unknown said...

So beautiful and sweet Card, Ros!

Linda Breedlove said...

This sounds like a fun month of challenges for you CC girls. Your CASe card for this week is a dream. What a beautiful grouping of butterflies... love your inking technique on them and your scattering of tiny rhinestones on your background!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Ros, this is such a beautiful tkae on Samra's card - I adore it!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful butterfly card, Ros, great case of Samra's card! Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Amazing lift Ros! Love your delicate choice of colours and your butterflies galore, so pretty!
♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥

Barbara said...

I could have sworn I had been to see you every day... and now there are three new posts! And what a fascinating card! I love it!

Tracy said...

Well aren't you the clever one with those butterflies! Who wouldn't smile at the idea of this bevy of beauties flitting around. Love your take Ros. :-)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, Ros! Love your misted butterflies, and that vellum sentiment couldn't be any more perfect!

Stella said...

I saw this gem in real and it's a stunner. I am way behind with blogging and I will catch up this week. Miss you; we had such a wonderful time together...XXXXX