Friday, September 02, 2016

A Little Doll

Hello there ...

I don't have a card to share today ... I've been doing a little sewing recently. There was a time, many moons ago that I made most of my clothes but with all the new stores it was often easier and cheaper to buy them. Recently however, I'm so disillusioned by the lack of styles and colours to suit my age and the poor fit (I think everything is made to fit girls not women) that I am attempting to sew again.

But enough of that ... The best sewer in the family is my Aunt, at 89 years of age she is still sewing and I'd like to share with you something that she made for my blog friend Darnell who was so generous when we met, treating me to 2 lunches (and my friend Pat) and as if that wasn't enough these gorgeous flowers also arrived ...


So here's what my Aunt made for her


A little British girl to join Hammy and Freckles


One thing I don't do is embroidery but my Aunt is brilliant at it... See that little bee on her nose? And all the beadwork too...


Even on the back of her head, right down to her toes


She has a full set of underwear as well as her pretty dress and handbag


I'm sure she will have a wonderful home in the USA 

Have a lovely day...

Till soon

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful flowers Ros and such a cute stuffed animal! I love all the hand embroidered detail!

Diane said...

Wow what a beautiful creation with all the pretty beading and stitching...what a wonderful keepsake I am sure she will treasure forever, I imagine it is hard for you to even part with!

Leslie Miller said...

89 and she made this? Oh, my gosh, it's so cute and adorable and detailed and utterly fantastic! She has good eyes (or good glasses) and nimble fingers. That bee on her pretty little nose is so cute. My mom did her art right up to her last days at 85 years old. That's exactly what I plan to do, as well. Thanks for sharing this, Ros. It sure made me smile!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Ros - your Aunt is a very clever lady to make such a beautiful creation and I bet Darnell will be tickled a similar shade of pink to receive this spiffy companion for Hammy!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Ros - your Aunt is a very talented lady to make such a beautiful creation, and I bet Darnell will be tickled a similar shade of pink to receive this gorgeous companion for Hammy.

Greta said...

Unbelievably wonderful--I'm totally in awe! I know she will have a place of honor in Darnell's Playhouse! Your aunt is one talented lady, Ros, & such a sweetie! Hugs, Greta

Darlene said...

WOW God Bless your aunt for continuing to do what she loves to do (and does SO WELL). Absolutely amazing and gorgeous! It appeared that Darnell had a ONCE IN A LIFE TIME visit with all you ladies ... how blessed you were to be able to join in the fun! That's awesome!

Gilda said...

What a beautiful little bear. Your aunt is amazing!

Maria said...

Oh, my!! Your Aunt is so very talented with art, sewing, and embroidery! Truly an amazing sweet creation!! Darnell will be happy dancing when she receives the darling Brititsh girl! Love her dress, purse, bee on the nose and lovely embroidered flowers...so sweet!!!

Mac Mable said...

Sensational and absolutely amazing doll. Thank you for sharing the amazing doll and the beautiful story and lucky Darnell x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

beautiful piece of work by your lovely aunt!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh my Goodness what a Fabulous thoughtful gift for Darnall! LOVE the bee on the nose and all of the fantastic details!

Sylvia said...

So sweet, Ros, your aunt has not lost her sewing skills! Love all the rose buds and of course a lady must have panties! Made me smile, I always made all of the dolls with full sets of clothes, panties included! Happy days to both of you!