Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Ink blending

Hello there!
 I hope you are all well?

It's been awhile since I last posted - All's well here, it's just been a busy time.
I still have "men at work" but hopefully not for too long. There have been a few hiccups and a few delays but it's all looking much tidier in the side garden with new gravel and edging etc.,
 
The weekend was a busy one too, especially Saturday when  I watched the Royal wedding in between making cups of tea and coffee for the workmen and in the afternoon we went off to celebrate 25 years of Thursday Club. 
Crafting wise, well, apart from projects for the group I haven't had time to do anything until today when I had to make a card for a male friend. Thankfully I had some ink blended pieces I did last week so used one for his card
 
 
Now I'm itching to do more Lol!


 The weather here is still beautiful and I'm looking forward to being able to tend to some of the plants once the groundwork is finished. It's been more than a year since I was able to do any gardening and I know I still have to be careful but my back is very much improved.
 
I'll leave you with some garden shots...The forget-me-nots that come up every year
 
 
...The shrubs coming into bloom
 
 
 
Oh and these pretty flowers
 
 
Wishing you a lovely day

~ Ros ~

14 comments:

Greta said...

Glad you can even think about doing some work in the garden! What gorgeous plants you have! That painted background made the perfect masculine BD card, Ros!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, where to start!? Perfect guy card with your ready-made background, all popping with the glittery letters and black sentiment panel. It really is just the ticket! You know I'm totally in love with your garden photos! I planted forget me nots last year and only one seedling came up. What?? I was hoping to have them scattered randomly all over. Gorgeous weigela, and those African daisies -- wow! They hardly look real, such amazing color. I hope you can enjoy some easy gardening this year with not too much bending. More photos anytime, please!

Carole said...

Lovely card Ros...as always of course. Your backgrounds are always lovely. Like you I have been busy but not with men!!!...lol Glad the back is much improved but don't go mad now. xx

Barbara said...

More beautiful garden pics... I hope the sun stays with you, we've had a very rainy day and got a fair share of hail, too. I really like your card, too - it's always a challenge to create "male" cards and I envy you for being able to do it on a regular basis!

Danielle said...

What a great card! I can understand you feel like making more ;-) And beautiful flowers too! I love this season, with the peonies as my favorite flowers!

Diane said...

I always love and admire your background blending and can never get the 'pro' results you have, I think I press too hard. Anywho a very lovely card I am sure will be appreciated! Your flowers are gorgeous and you are way ahead of us, I have mostly purple blooming right now and it is very green out, so much so it almost hurts your eyes lol! What a beautiful garden you have, so glad your back is getting better, so don't overdue..let those 'men' work!!
We have lots of rain, good for the flowers and WEEDS!! To be very warm this week and we are staying home for the holiday weekend.

Maria said...

Such a lovely card with beautiful colors, Ros! Great job with the ink blending! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing the lovely photos!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN and beautiful post Ros! Your card is just delightful and I love the colorful ink blended background!! Your new garden area sounds lovely and the pictures of what's already growing are just beautiful! You've definitely got an eye for color my friend...love it!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card. How wonderful that your new landscaping is coming along. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Perfect masculine card and love the silver die cut sentiment and the black really does pop x So glad the workmen are nearly finished and you'll be so glad to get out and plant some plants....take care of your back. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous and pretty photos x

Kara Lynne said...

So great to have those blended backgrounds on hand, and it's a wonderful card! Your garden is bursting with beauty! I do hope you go easy on your back, it's so easy to overdue it before you know what's happening.

Tracy said...

Well this post was a total feast for the eyes. The black sentiment panel is a great contrast with your inked panel. The flowers are so pretty. Wish I had a green thumb but plants run screaming from me. LOL

Marina said...

Really fun card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love the card.. that background blending is perfect for it! Enjoy your beautiful garden, I wish I have green thumb like you!