Monday, November 19, 2018

Gnome Season

Well, not really ... Just that I've made a few gnome cards today.
Actually I think it's arthritis season, my wrists and feet are really hurting. I guess it's the cold weather...Funny things happen this time of year... Take this morning for example... At 8am the phone rang... I thought it was my husband's friend (didn't have my glasses on you see) and I was cursing him as we were still in bed... Well we are retired. Anyway I didn't get it but now I had to get up, feed the cats and birds and then shower. At around 9am the same number rang again... I didn't get to it in time so passed the phone to my husband to call his friend. Turns out is was my son's mobile number that called but he asleep and his phone was switched off! WTH???

Anyway... Here's one of my gnome cards for you


 This little guy was coloured with Copics and though you can't see it, he has a sparkly beard too - those little lines are a sparkly gelly pen


He looks like he hiding under a fir tree but actually those fir branches are upside down tree stamps did you notice? I thought they worked well.


 I did a little ink blending to give the illusion of a slope and then I wet a paint brush and painted around the base of my gnome, added some liquid pearls and some splattering of diluted white acrylic paint to finish.

I'll share the others later in the week... 

Wishing you a lovely day

~ Ros ~
 

15 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

I love this little gnome, gorgeously coloured Ros. I hadn't noticed that the branches were trees but they look stunning this way. Great idea.
Lovely card.
Greetings Miranda

Leslie Miller said...

What? No, I did not notice those were upside down trees, but now that you mention it... sheesh, Ros, what a cute idea! Speaking of cute, that gnome is about as cute as it gets. Colorful, yet still with that clean look I love so much about your cards. Perfect ink blending to create the snow slope. I just love this to pieces! Our phone rings early in the morning, late at night, all throughout the day. We always let voice mail get it, but listen for a message. Most times it's junk. Ridiculous!

Marina said...

Great ingenuity with those branches - what a great card

Tracy said...

This is so cute! I adore your "tree" branches. LOL

Pat said...

You don't say but I think this is a freebie gnome which came with a magazine which my hubby bought to cheer me up last year when I wasn't well, and I'm sad to say I haven't used them yet, but you have made a wonderful job Ros with your trees as branches, and the little chap coloured in that lovely bright red and green and a lovely sparkly beard, and love what you have done with the snow too. x

Christine Alexander said...

Ros, what a cute Christmas Gnome. I love him with his little hat and mits (I also have this set and need to pull it out :))
I love your upside down trees, I would never have guessed. Love the card.

Greta said...

I would never have guessed the branches were a tree! They look perfect, Ros! Fun card with the cute gnome! Sorry to hear your joints aren't happy with the weather--stay warm, my friend!

Eve N said...

I am always so pleased to get a notification that you have posted a new card on your blog. This is SO adorable, yet has a sophisticated feel to it; thank you for sharing!

BTW, I know we often use stamps and dies without paying attention to the manufacturer, but if you ever have the info handy, I would love to know what you use to create your wonderful projects.

Sending you healing wishes!

Darnell said...

This is both elegant and amusing, Ros! I love it! I dare say those trees work better as branches! Good eye! Beautiful coloring and grounding and schplattering, too! As for the phone monkey business: over here the telemarketers have gotten so wily that they know how to clone (not sure the right word) some other phone number to show in the caller ID and it is NOT that person calling. It's disgusting and should be criminalized as far as I'm concerned, but then they haven't asked me yet what my opinion is. ❤Hugs, Darnell

Barbara said...

Upside down tree stamps... Ros, you are too much! Such a cute card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this fun card design.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a cute Gnome, Ros! Your Copic coloring makes him even cuter.
Your fir tree/upside-down branch stamping idea is brilliant! Love the beautiful details - the soft ink-blening in the background, some watercoloring to ground the gnome, the shiny liquid pearls on the fur tree, and the white acrylic paint snowfall.
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Nope didn't notice the upside down trees...so creative x Another adorable gnome and love the splats of white acrylic...they give a wonderful subtle added bit of texture x
How strange about the phone call....Hope the arthritis is not troubling you too much?

Pauline said...

Are you kidding me - the upside down trees?? I had no idea - you are so clever Ros! Another delightful gnome card, love that you coloured him so festively (red & green). I hope you are doing better with your arthritis today, I know how you feel, I have rheumatoid arthritis and it can be very painful when it flares up! Have a happy day.

Sue Lelli said...

The upside down trees are just PERFECT!