Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Sweet Dreams

Hello friends... How's your week going? 

It's been all cats here... Missy got sick and had to see the vet yesterday... She doing better now but the feral tabby cat we feed turned up over the weekend with a very badly infected sore on his face. The vet agreed to see to him if we could get him there at 9am this morning. Well, my son and I did everything we could to get him in the pet carrier but to no avail. Despite being prepared my son was covered in scratches. So we will just have to try again or maybe get a trap from somewhere...

Today's card is another one made from bits and pieces


The background piece was done using the ghosting technique and part of a lovely stencil gifted to me by my dear blog friend Greta. You know when you get something new and you just have to try it out... Then it gets left until inspiration comes...


The die cuts were left overs from Christmas and I cut the stars from a tiny piece of triple embossed card that I kept


I added a few liquid pearls and a computer generated sentiment...

If you were to look out of my window today, it looks like a glorious summer day... The sun is shining but it's cold. Still, only just over a week to go and DH and I will be on a sunny beach in Nerja (fingers crossed), one time we went away in April and it poured with rain the whole time...But I'm staying positive!

I hope you enjoy your day

Till soon

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

Pat said...

What a pretty mix of leftover pieces Ros and the white die cut house stands out beautifully against the ghosted background, and love the embossed piece cut into the sweet little stars...a wonderfully designed card. I hope you manage to get the feral cat to the vet for treatment, very difficult though when they are not used to being handled, and glad your own cat is on the mend. I am keeping my fingers crossed too that the weather is sunny and warm when you go away next week. I'm sure it is more likely that the sun will shine. x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

You've made a beautiful card from scraps and leftovers Ros. Beautiful backgrond and I love the text.
Greetings Miranda

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful ghosted background Ros, I love those colour :)

Carole said...

Great use of all your bits and pieces Ros...result again is a lovely card. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Inspiration struck beautifully, Ros! Love that cute die and a cool way to use the background. I'm sorry about the cats. I hope everything turns out okay. I'm ready for the weather to change and let us get on the road. In the meantime, lots of preparations. I hope you have beautiful weather for your trip.

Darnell said...

Oh, poor Mikey, I hope the scratches heal quickly. Such a shame when you were trying to do the poor kitty a favor. I hope you manage to get him trapped and cared for and I'm glad Missy is better. I love your leftover bits card, Ros! It's a beautiful starry night over the old home place! I'm sending positive energy that your upcoming holiday is sunny and blissful!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

I wish I had your knack for putting together my bits and pieces from my box of snippets! This is such a gorgeous card, Ros! Sorry to hear about the cat struggles. I hope they both get better quickly! Have a wonderful vacation! I do hope you have beautiful weather, we are covered with a thick blanket of snow this morning.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous colour combination and love the ghosting technique on the background. Such a stunning CAS card Ros x Hope the cats are on the mend ? x

Pauline said...

This is beautiful. I love the stenciled background - lovely colours and this seemed to work so well with your die cuts. I just googled Nerja - looks like a fabulous place to visit. Wishing your sunny days on your trip!

Greta said...

Oh so sorry you've got furbaby troubles, too. Glad Missy is better & hope you can get help for the tabby. Fritz has had 3 good days in a row, so I'm hopeful. I've never tried the ghosting technique, but so glad you did! Wonderful card with all your bits & pieces! Hoping the weather cooperates so you guys have a lovely time away! Sending hugs to you, dear friend!

Tracy said...

Beautiful contrast with the colors you used, the white and bit of sparkle Ros. Hope your vacay is all you want it to be.

Sue Lelli said...

Where in the world is Nerja??! Hope you have FUN in the Sun! Roz, I ADORE this card! LOVE the masked BG, the colors, the white silhouette and the stars! It definitely invokes Sweet Dreams!

Barbara said...

Absolutely wonderful card!