Tuesday, September 24, 2019

One Man and His Dog...

Hello... Bet you thought I'd left the planet
Well, given the political situation here that might not have been a bad idea Lol!

Actually other than life getting in the way I needed to have my computer updated and it took a few days.. I hadn't noticed my back-up system no longer worked for the version I was running so nothing had been backed up since last October. Thankfully I have Mikey... who not only rescues mice, but can sort my computer problems too.

I've had a few new dies sitting on my desk for awhile and seeing as how the computer is now up and running and it's raining outside, my cats and I decided to make something. Turned out to be a pop-up card.


I thought it would be an ideal birthday card for my brother Rick  who has a beautiful Italian Spinone called Rollo...


The new die is the man and his dog which I got from AliExpress. It's one of those reflection dies so had a man and a dog below the top ones but I kinda liked it without. The reeds die (also from A/E) I already had and I've used many times.
I used distress inks for the background , some splashes of water and a little bit of glitter for stars.

I hope your week is going well... I'm off to see what I've missed on your blogs.
Thanks so much for stopping by

Till next time

~ Ros ~

18 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow Ros, this is absolutely stunning! A fabulous masculine card, I'm sure your brother will love this. Love your background using distress inks, and your completed card. Love this!

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Ros and such an atmospheric scene you have created and I love the DI colours you have used and framed in white makes it pop. I have thought about trying AliExpress but am a little unsure as I know that they do tend to have the reputation of copying existing dies, not this company particularly but these sorts of sites in general, but the man and his dog is such a unique silhouette and I'm sure your brother will have been thrilled with this as you have absolutely captured the scene with your clever inking. Thank you for your visits I really appreciate it. x

Christine Alexander said...

Such an atmospheric card Ros, I love the black silhouette against the blended background.

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card Ros, I do love how you used the dies. Aren't they just wonderful. I have so many and many I have never used...sad really. WE have had record breaking temps for September and they seemingly will be with us for a long while. Do send us some rain and cooler weather, but if not we will deal for sure. Will be back to catch up when I can.
Hugs!

Robyn Oliver said...

Ros this card is amazzzzing, brilliant, fantastic - I love it....what a fabulous die and the beautiful evening sky and water is just magical...I love it again, and so will your brother, hugs Robyn

Bonnie said...

What a perfect masculine card, Ros! Your background is perfect! I love the reflection in the water. Your brother will love this I think.

Marcia Hill said...

What an incredibly BEAUTIFUL card Ros...LOVE it!! :0)

Maria said...

Gorgeous serene background, Ros! Love the silhouette of the man with dog! Your brother will cherish the amazing birthday card!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous blending of sky and water colors for your silhouette man and his dog and reeds dies, Ros. I thought it was a small child and his daddy. He has a stocking knit hat on and is pointing to the beautiful stars, but no..it is the dog looking up at his master and wagging his tail:-) Glad Mikey came to your rescue to fix your computer issues! Denny is our computer wiz in our family:-) Aren't we lucky. Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Your background is absolutely incredible on this, Ros! Looks like a perfect card for my Rich. I'm sure I have a photograph like this of him and Wally. Cool die. Your brother will love it!

Greta said...

So beautiful & serene--great card for your brother, Ros!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a handsome card, and a perfect one for your brother! The two die cuts combine as though they were made for each other, and your sky and water are gorgeous!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, I LOVE the gorgeous ink blending of the sky and the water, Ros! The black silhouette enhances the beauty of the ink colors. The water spatters and the glitters are a just perfect touch. I'm sure your brother will love this card!
Hideko xx

Inkyfingers said...

You created such an atmospheric scene here, Ros and I bet your brother will love this.
Hugs
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

What a guy Mikey is...every home should have one. As you know I sure could have done with him in my home recently x Great use of those fabulous dies and what a stunning card x.

Tracy said...

You couldn't have made that sky look any more perfect. Beautiful inking and the silhouette makes such a serene scene.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you created the reflection! And the silhouette! GORGEOUS card, Ros!

Barbara said...

Your use of these two dies looks as if they were meant to be together from the start. What can I say other than that this card is beautiful?