Thursday, October 10, 2019

AI Lift

Hello there
I'm glad you popped in...

I've been playing with alcohol inks and in particular the alcohol lift technique whilst trying to get some inspiration for this years Christmas cards

I ended up making 4 cards from one piece of 5x7 Yupo so there are a few photos here. What I should explain too is that other than the square/rectangle dies, I used only one image die... Remember the die I used here? A sort of semi circular one that had a stag a deer and a few trees... Well with some snipping here and there, I was able to just use half at a time...


 So this is the left half of the die cut out and you can see the AI lift just using one branch stamp


The next card uses the right side of the die... minus the fir tree



I added some gold paint here and there and the sentiment comes from the same stamp set as the branch made by Woodware.
I also did a couple of DL sized cards, simply because I seemed to have quite a few DL size envelopes in my stash - Here you can see part of the fir tree as well


And the last one


So in all 1 piece of Yupo, 2 die cuts and 4 cards - For all of them I die cut or used left over die cut squares/rectangles. Once you get used to it, it's easy to adapt your square or rectangle dies to be an exact fit for your image and that's what I did here.

Thanks so much for your visit... Enjoy your day

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful Christmas scenes you have created Ros, looks like you are on a roll getting some Holiday cards done, I need your mojo!! Today is our last nice warmer day for awhile it seems, I love Fall but it goes away too quickly...have a great day my friend!!!

Carole said...

Clever and super cards Ros..love those backgrounds from the yupo and of course the die! xx

Pat said...

What a fabulous AI background Ros, and I adore the ink lift design using the pine branch stamp and the beautiful scenic deer and trees die which you have cut in such an interesting way to add to the cards, and the stitched rectangles work well with the different sized pieces of background. You are right that you can change the length and width of a die cut shape quite easily with just a little practice. x

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Ros...all four of your cards are absolutely STUNNING!! Your Al ink backgrounds are SOOOO pretty and I just LOVE all the colors you used together with the touches of gold! Surrounded by the white card bases and the white die cuts, they all totally pop and I'm thinking I really need to send you my address! :0) Lovely, lovely cards my friend!!

I Card Everyone said...

Ros, this is exactly why I subscribed to your posts by email... what a GORGEOUS email to open today!! LOve the colors, the beauty of the lifted images in the backgrounds, and that fabulous die was just the perfect one for a little snipping!
I am in awe, oh talented one!
=]

Bonnie said...

These are all so pretty, Ros! A brilliant idea to use part of the die cuts and make them go further and a perfect way to get extra Christmas cards out of one playtime. Love the lifted branches in the background!

Leslie Miller said...

Ros, you make the most beautiful, ethereal AI lift backgrounds! If ever I were to rush out and buy Yupo paper and a bunch of alcohol inks, these are the cards to make me do it. Those forest scenes! Amazing!

nancy littrell said...

OMG, Ros...Beautiful CAS Christmas designs using parts of die cut images and AI lifted backgrounds:-) I LOVE all 4 of your gorgeous cards and can't wait to try cutting up die cut images:-) TFS Hugs..Nancy

Maria said...

Oh, wow! Fabulous cards with pretty AI scenes, Ros! What a great way to get several cards done at one time! Love the pretty deer and tree die cut! I just got back home from the retreat. Thanks for the hug from Greta! It was so much fun and meeting her in person was such a treat! The other gals at the retreat were...Darnell, Sharon, Brenda, Kara, Linda, Colleen. Wish you lived closer, but we certainly thought of you! Take care, hugs!!

Tracy said...

Lovely. The white die cuts really make all those colors pop. I REALLY need to use my AI lift pad.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--you're so creative, Ros! I love every one of these--beautiful & unique! The lift technique turned out perfect--still need to give it a try!

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! So much Gorgeousness in all of these cards!

Barbara said...

Oh Lord, I'm officially 6 weeks behind on your blog... and it's not only time - it's also the internet connection at my new place. Hopefully things change. In March. Anyhow: I love this set of cards! The colors and the effect of the branches on the background in particular.