Friday, December 27, 2019

Birthday Boy

Hello there... 
How are you, did you enjoy your Christmas?

We had a lovely Christmas day, having spent days visiting friends and family, dropping off gifts etc., It was lovely to just enjoy the peace and quiet of home with my husband, son and kitties.
Unfortunately Mikey was and still is suffering from a heavy cold but he managed to eat a little dinner and then went off to bed.
The cats have been enjoying the under rug heater I bought and have slept most of the time sprawled out on the rug... Peace is bliss!

DH went off to the match yesterday so I made a couple of birthday cards...Mikey celebrates his birthday on the 29th of this month and my friends' daughter on the 31st.
Today I'm sharing Mikey's card with you

 
 When my friend Stella came over from the Netherlands this year, she brought me some Watercolour Confection paints and they are gorgeous! I used them for this card along with some Art Deco gold acrylic paint


The colours in the palette are so rich and this is painted on ordinary cardstock. I also did a little foiling for the letters and the stars - Just using double sided tape as I don't have a machine.


I can't believe where the years have gone and how quickly my little boy suddenly became a man. When he was little I would come home from work to letters he'd written me telling me how much he loved me and how thankful he was for all I did... Often they would be illustrated with "He Man" or one of the Ninja Turtles Lol! I still have everyone - I'm so blessed to have him.

Have a lovely day my friends

~ Ros ~
 

17 comments:

Maria said...

A big happy birthday to Mikey!! You made a fabulous card for him! Lovely color and beautiful touches of gold! Happy to hear you and a wonderful Christmas! And, may you have a new year filled with many blessings!!

Carole said...

Lovely card Ros...love your foiling! xx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this post! Sorry your son is sick! Mine is too and unfortunately he passed it on the me and my DH! LOVE the colors and design of his card. He will surely love it!

Pauline said...

You always amaze me with the way you create your cards, and your eye for details. Ros this is beautiful. I love the richness of the water colour paints and how you added the gold into it. I give you credit for being creative to use double sided tape to apply the foiling! You know I must say I think boys are more affectionate than girls. I have one of each, and I must say my son is more affectionate than my daughter in many ways, and I have heard that from other people as well, where they find their sons to be more affectionate. It's a wonderful thing! Thanks for sharing today Ros, and so glad you had a wonderful Christmas as well. Hugs,

Loll said...

This is a fantastic card for Mikey ... he is going to LOVE it! The colours are so bright and vibrant. I'll have to look into the Watercolour Confections. Your design is fabulous, Ros. xx

Bonnie said...

What a rich shade of blue and the way the water moved the paint is gorgeous! The touches of gold add even more richness! What a wonderful birthday card for Mikey! I hope his cold is all gone by his birthday! Happy New Year, my friend! I hope it's a good year for you.

Pat said...

A beautiful card for you son Ros, and sad he has been ill over Christmas...hope he soon feels better. The bright blue looks fab with the gold, he is sure to love it! x

Marcia Hill said...

Sounds like your Christmas was lovely Ros, even though Mikey wasn't feeling too great! Hopefully your fabulous birthday card will perk him right up...I love all that gold with the beautiful blue water coloring! Wonderful design too! Hugs. :0)

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful card Ros and such a fabulous design...he's going to love it x. Sorry to hear he was feeling poorly and hope he is on the mend? So glad you had a lovely Christmas x.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Ros, I love that gorgeous blue with the gold. I hope you'r son feels better soon, there have been lots of colds and flu's around.

Barbara said...

Just fantastic! Mikey must have an impressive collection of cards from your desk, too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous birthday card, Ros! The shade of blue is so beautiful and the shiny gold spatters are festive. Mikey is going to love this card. I hope he feels better soon.
Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. :-)
Hideko xx

Dora said...

Beautiful. Congratulation with the birthday of your son.

Greta said...

What sweet memories & how wonderful your son is nearby! Hope he feels better soon. Glad you enjoyed some quiet time for the holiday, Ros. This is such a gorgeous card with the blue & gold--he'll love it, of course!

Marina said...

Yes, when we look back, our child's childhood seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye! This is a beautiful card for your son...I love how you use gold so elegantly.

Leslie Miller said...

Happy belated birthday to Mikey! Very pretty card you made for him. I do love the sound of those watercolors. My son was a He Man fan. I still have some of the action figures. Nostalgia. Happy new year, Ros!

Diane said...

A fabulous card for your son (my son's birthday was on the 18th...the best Christmas gift ever)...I love how you splatter gold on, I need to try this as it just adds so much beauty!! I hope he has recovered from his cold and is feeling better now!! We took our 3 inside kitties (along with Mack) to the lake house with us, it's a 5 1/2 hour drive. two ride well, one screeches about the first hour or so...not so fun, but once there they love it as it has stairs and they can run up and down them!!