Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Stayin' Cool

 Good morning!

 When it comes to art everyone has their own idea of what is pleasing and what is not. Some things inspire more than others...

I've always loved oriental paintings, the ones you see sometimes done in ink, or sometimes with paint, black and grey often with a splash of colour.  They inspire me. I think it's the serenity they express, the silent echo in the mountains, cool waterfalls and misty air that you can even feel...
You've seen me doing my own version of those mountains in my cards and lately I've done more and more but occasinally a little image will creep in my head and I go with it. 
Today's card was just that
 

 I don't know why but I had this image of an elephant in those faraway mountains cooling down from the heat.
Some kind soul had tied a watering can to a branch at just the right angle for the rain to collect and act as a shower...
 

 I had to draw him just as I saw him in my head, not that I'm planning to do an elephant family - I think this will be a one off - But it satisfied me


...And made me happy to see the end result, because not everything I envisage works out. Some days I can't even draw a straight line.

I hope you like it too

Be safe and enjoy your day

Till soon

~ Ros ~
 

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a cute idea and I love the little elephant is cooling down with the watering can shower. Beautifully drawn and yes please to an elephant family story Ros x.

Loll said...

This made me smile, Ros. And that is a great way to start the day! Thank you. xx

Darlene said...

OMG he is SO CUTE and I bet that shower feels good to him! What a fun card ... beautifully drawn!

HilaryJane said...

Yes, I do like it, it is very sweet and an image that makes you think. I love the simple colour scheme too although I do fear that that branch isn't really strong enough to hole the watering can full of water. Love how you have depicted the water too xx

Leslie Miller said...

You're right about how we all have our own ideas as to what is or is not pleasing to the eye. Today, I find the little fuzzy hairs on the top of his head the most adorable thing. He's the sweetest little guy gazing thoughtfully over the mountains, and fortunate for him that someone had the brilliant idea of placing the watering can just so. Love the water droplets. Wonderful, Ros!

Pat said...

That elephant looks great getting his cooling shower from the tipped up watering can Ros, and love all the wonderful hills in the background. You have a fantastic imagination. x

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...totally made me smile too Ros! Thank you!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Ros what a great image, love your little dog sitting under the watering can :)

Diane said...

Your little elephant is so cute and I wonder what he is thinking about, he seems so lost in thought looking at those mountains and so peaceful!! Well done my friend and I am SURE you CAN draw a straight line with all your talent!!

I Card Everyone said...

Like it is putting it mildly, Ros! Your mountain scene is a really wonderful scene to start with - your little friend just takes it to a more whimsical level! So sweet!
=]

Sandy said...

Even baby elephants can use a shower now and then!!
Sandy xx

nancy littrell said...

I thought your sweet critter was a dog at 1st until I saw his cute tail. He or could be a she...looks lost in his serene thoughts of an adventure in the far away mountains. Love that you were the one to magically create a hanging watering can, my friend. Thank you for making my day...Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

How adorable and this elephant looks like she is enjoying her shower! Love those water drops!

Maria said...

How sweet and adorable! Beautiful drawing of the elephant! Lovely soft mountains in the background! And, yes someone was very kind to set up a watering can for a refreshing shower! Well done, my friend!!

Aileen said...

How wonderful is this elephant cooling off in the mountains. I love that you do what you see, its beautiful.

Pauline said...

So sweet and adorable your little elephant is. Love his little tail and the hairs on his head. What a kind soul to hang the watering can to provide a refreshing shower. Love how you did the water droplets. You have such a wonderful vision and imagination Ros, looking forward to seeing what's next. You always amaze me!
Sorry for all the late comments, I can't believe I was that far behind.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Oh I love the sweet elephant, Ros! He's enjoying the cool shower and meditating. :-) I always feel serenity from your gray mountains!
Hideko xx

Greta said...

So creative, Ros! Your mountains are great & so is the elephant!

Barbara said...

I can even imagine the heat right now and how nice it feels to get that shower. Cute card!