Saturday, April 17, 2021

Pets

 Happy Saturday friends...

The sun is out but I just wish it would warm up a little. Ginger boy gave it a go for a few hours but it's even too cold for him and he's back in his basket.

Now all you dog owners out there (past and present) will relate to today's sketch... 

You're walking along with the dog by your side when it suddenly crosses over in front of you


You nearly trip, in my case I did ....a few times! Well, my dogs were rather large German Shepherds


But you love them just the same and regret scolding them when they give you that sad face... Yeah you can relate huh?

Then whilst doing a spring clean of rubbish on my computer, I came across a digital set of quotes which prompted my second card


Kinda cute don't you think...


I won't tell you how long it took me to draw a mouse... Dogs seem simple but a mouse?

And to finish on an animal note -Yesterday I had a visit from the RSPCA... Seems they were trying to catch an injured Buzzard and thought it may have landed in my garden. As it happened it was in a tree at the back of our property and was not about to be caught... I just hope she's okay. I didn't even know we had buzzards here and she was quite magnificent...

Have a lovely weekend... 

Till soon


~ Ros ~




14 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful artwork once again Ros, what axfabulous sentiment on that second card. xx

Greta said...

Love your animal stories, Ros! Fritz has done that a couple times lately & I was just telling myself I have to be careful. Don't want a broken hip or any other injury at this age--haha! Love both paintings & your mouse looks perfect to me! Wonderful quote!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous sketch Ros and you must have hurt yourself at times 'tripping' over your German shepherds x. Adorable cards, both of them and what a wonderful sentiment and a cute mouse on the second ....Wow to your unexpected Buzzard visitor Ros x.

I Card Everyone said...

Ros, your latest paintings are a dream! Sweet little puppies, and darling wee mouse!
Just love the butterfly quote!
I had a dream last night that we got kittens - one was just like your Ginger boy - the other gray, and with 'Sherpa wool' fur!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, been there, done that with tripping over Brinkley and now Daisy when they cross over in front of you!! But what can you do but love them?!! FABULOUS cards my friend and your sweet little mouse looks perfect to me too!! And LOVE your sentiment!! Have a wonderful week Ros!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Ginger is a beauty, Ros! He looks like he's really enjoying that sun! Love your doggy cards! You are so talented with your drawing and coloring! Love the quote and the sweet pup with the butterfly on his nose and adorable mouse.

Sandy said...

Ahhhh - to be able to sleep so soundly in the sun. I am a cat lady for sure and have 2 cats living with us.
You sure have a knack for drawing -- I am pea green with envy. My favorite card? The dog and mouse and I love that sentiment,
Sandy xx

Darlene said...

Once again, fabulous designs & stories to go along! Both are AWESOME and who would have thought a little mouse would give you trouble! LOL I hope the sun is shining on you today. Had a heavy frost here over night so I'm glad I haven't put out any of my purchased flowers yet ... we all got excited with those 70 & 80 degree days we had a week or so ago! LOL Hugs and Happy Day to you my friend! Wishing you good health!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful art work Ros, Love your dog and the perfect drawing of your mouse :)
Your cat looks quite relaxed in the sun ♥

Pauline said...

Oh Ros, both your cards are beautiful! I especially love your last card, that mouse is so sweet, and love the sentiment! Oh to have the life of a cat - Ginger looks so relaxed soaking up that warm sun! Hope you had a wonderful weekend Ros, have a great week!

Barbara said...

I relate to Ginger, being out in the sun whenever possible and however briefly (when I find out it's still too cold). Love the dog and mouse card and that sentiment is so sweet!

Maria said...

A beautiful photo of your sweet Ginger! Your cards are so cute with the dogs! Yes, I can relate with having the leash get crossed in front of me, lol...too many times! Wonderful drawings of the images! And, I have to say the mouse is so so cute!

HilaryJane said...

I have been so used to it being cold that I went out for a long walk with a friend yesterday and got a sunburned face! Normally I am really careful, but for some reason not yesterday. Love your cards, as usual. Your last one is definitely very cute xx

Leslie Miller said...

Awwww, you're at it again! You know I love anything dog related and, I do know that walking two dogs can be an adventure. I love how you did the background on your dog walking card. A simple suggestion of landscape -- very effective! Your little mouse ultimately turned out perfect and cute as can be. A beautiful sentiment. Sorry, I'm going to be a "better late than never" person for an indefinite time.