Monday, August 16, 2021

A Camel load of Wishes

 Hello friends...I hope you are well.

It's been a busy week here and though work has been completed in the garden, it's been too cold (or wet) to sit and enjoy it.

We did go to our friends' celebration but it got so cold we left pretty early. It was good to see old friends and catch up and then we discovered that our friend's daughter tested positive for Covid the next day... Yikes! Fortunately we didn't have any close  contact - we were with the "oldies"and we've both since tested negative but will continue to test (just in case). Thankfully the new rules say we don't have to self isolate as we are double vaccinated, not that we have much contact with others anyway and still continue to mask up if we need to go out. Fingers crossed we will all be okay.

The good news is the reason for today's card.
My great nephew Ross  passed his 'A' Levels with 2 B's and a C. I am over the moon! You may remember that he has Moebius syndrome but his many disabilities have never held him back - his Dad would have been so very proud of him. 
I pondered over what to make and maybe it's a bit unusual but here we go...
 

I saw a camel on a free colouring page and it just appealed to me. I took out the background and traced the outline image so I could get to work with my watercolours

I thought it needed a little something else so added a leaf branch, and computer generated the sentiment
I kinda like him.. Does that make me weird? Lol!
Anyway I hope Ross is amused.

Have a peaceful day and thank you for your visit...
Till soon

~ Ros ~


17 comments:

Carole said...

Well done to your Nephew and well done to you on the camel. He/She is very good and has a super face. I do hope you continue to test negative ....fingers crossed for you. xx

Pat said...

You have made a splendid job of colouring that fun camel and I love the added leafy branch in his mouth and the CG sentiment finishes it perfectly Ros. I'm sure Ross will love this fun and beautifully watercoloured card. I think since you have been doubled jabbed you should be fine Ross, especially as you were outside too. x

Leslie Miller said...

You are not weird. I absolutely love him! Your coloring is beautiful and I like that you added the leafy branch. That's very good news about Ross, and I do remember you talking about him before. I hope all stays well with you and your friend's family, considering the positive COVID. The whole family across the street tested positive and is supposed to be quarantined, but they have friends and family going in and out -- all ages.

Christine Alexander said...

you must be so proud of your nephew getting such good grades at his A levels. He will love the card, what a great idea using a freebee and adding your own twist with the leafy branch :)

Bonnie said...

Not weird at all, Ros! I LOVE this camel and think it's a fun and fantastic way to congratulation your great nephew! COVID is getting scary again. Stay safe!

Darlene said...

OMG this is so cool and I'm sure your nephew will LOVE it! Congrats to him for such good grades! Praying you & hubby stay healthy after coming into somewhat close contact with covid. So scary!

As soon as I saw your card it reminded me of a commercial we had here in the states and it made me chuckle right away. Here's a link (hope it works) so you can see what I mean: https://youtu.be/G2s0RPrdB_8

I Card Everyone said...

If you're weird for loving this guy, then color me weird, too, Ros!!! OH do I love him - and I think a camel-load of congrats was such a fun way to go! I would have loved to see your great nephew's face when he opened it! Congrats to him!
So beautifully colored!
=]

Maria said...

Huge congrats to your nephew rockin’ the exams! How sweet of you to make him a special card to congratulate him! The camel is awesome with lovely coloring! I think the added branch is perfect! I hope you and hubby continue to do well after since your friend’s daughter had tested positive for Covid. And, I hope the daughter and family do well, too. We continue with trying times. I just hope the kids in schools don’t have to stay home from school again this year. All we can do is hope and pray. Take good care, hugs!!

HilaryJane said...

How wonderful for your great nephew and what a unique and clever little card. Your camel is just perfect. Love the little sparkles too xx

Pauline said...

What a proud moment for you in regards to your great nephew Ross! Your camel is awesome, love the little branch hanging from his mouth, and no you are not weird! lol. I am just blown away with your creativity! Congrats to Ross! Keep well my friend!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the smile Ros with this delightful, fun and creative card x. I bet Ross was amused x.
I hope you both stay Covid free after your friends celebration party and yes like you we have been working hard in the garden and now the weather has turned not able to sit in it as much as we thought we would x.

Diane said...

I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this card, the camel is wonderfully cute! When my sister and I were doing craft shows I used to make a fun stuffed camel and this reminds me of him, I adore it!!

Loll said...

Your amazing watercolouring skills have brought this camel to life, Ros! He is AWESOME! I'm sure Ross will love this card! Congrats to him!

I hope that you and your hubby continue to be healthy. Take care and sending big hugs your way. Love, Loll

Sandy said...

I love your animals! They always have the sweetest faces. You must be a very sweet lady - I know you are talented!!
Sandy xx

Greta said...

I love the look on the camel's face & it fits the sentiment! Bet Ross loves his card & that he has a loving aunt to be proud of him!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You must be so proud of Ross! Congratulations!
The camel looks awesome!!! Your coloring is just amazing! I'm sure he loves this card.
Hideko xx

Barbara said...

How could Ross not be amused - I certainly am! Love the card! As I am on my catch-up tour again, it's the first I hear about your "COVID exposure" and hope I won't find you you actually got it a few posts down the line... I'm glad, though, that you enjoyed being at a party again - I have been enjoying that this "summer", too, inching back towards a normal social life.