Saturday, April 28, 2012

Paper Pockets

Hello... Are you well?

 I am back from my cruise to Norway... What a beautiful country ... I am still in awe of the beauty ...  
My Aunt and I had a wonderful time and though I was not sea sick at all ... since I arrived on land yesterday evening - I am Land sick!! Honestly ... everything is swaying and it is the most peculiar feeling ever!
I had no internet connection at all for the whole time and I missed you all ... wished I could have taken you with me ... I missed seeing your creations yet probably it did me good to step away for a while and just enjoy the break ... the splendour of the fjords took my breath away ... We had the opportunity to disembark at a few locations and take train rides and tours ... On the second day I threw away my crutch and this trip healed me in many ways ... 


I have to say that the house was spotless when I returned ... my husband had everything looking wonderful ... even flowers in the vase for my return ... I got up early this morning and fed the cats (yes we have a stray that has adopted us too) and I opened the bread cupboard looking forward to the simplicity of wholemeal toast and honey with coffee after the gourmet food that was on offer everyday on the ship and what did I find? The same loaf of bread that I had left last week ... only now it was a funny kind of green with grey fur growing on it ... Can you believe it? Welcome home Ros!


I hope to share some photos with you later in the week we but for now I have a little something I made before I left ... 
I've been seeing these pretty pockets a lot lately and used up some of my scraps to make one too



My pocket has 3 tags inside


I love using up scraps to make something pretty ...


... quite a jumble of all sorts of things... bits of lace, buttons, a sweet yoyo from Jeanneke, and a mish mash of papers and textures ... but such fun to make

I notice that Blogger has also made some changes so I am trying to navigate my way around things ... (ha! sea talk)...  sheesh ... just when you get used to something - it changes 

Before I go I want to say a big Thank you to the lovely ladies at Papercraft Star for my Comet award ... I am delighted you liked my card
Now I have lots of catching up to do ... thanks so much for visiting me and your lovely comments

Sending hugs 

~ Ros ~



23 comments:

Lynnda said...

Love those tags... Love the shabby style... love those blooms and laces... Glad you had a good time and a great trip... Can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations soon... hugs..xoxo

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my stars this is GORGEOUS!!!! What a way to use those beautiful scraps! I am swooning!

Blogger changed on me (in the middle of writing a blog post none the less), but I did figure out how to get the old classic view, so if you play around there is an option to go back the other way if you prefer it.

Have a good weekend!

Sasha said...

Very vintage, romantic looking. And so beautifully created, as always, Ros.
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed cruising. I knew you would. We may go on another later this year x

cnelson said...

Gorgeous pocket and tags!! What an amazing use of scraps! ! So happy to hear that your cruise was such a healing experience! ! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Welcome back Ros, so happy to hear that you and your aunt had such an enjoyable holiday together. Very sweet of your DH to buy you some flowers. Your tag cards are all very delicate looking, so romantic!

Heather Rogers said...

I am so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. I have seen pictures of Norway and it does look amazing. So sweet of your hubby to have the house cleaned and ready for your return.

You tags and pocket are beautiful. Love all the shabby details. :)

Hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

I am so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. I have seen pictures of Norway and it does look amazing. So sweet of your hubby to have the house cleaned and ready for your return.

You tags and pocket are beautiful. Love all the shabby details. :)

Hugs!

Suzanne C said...

Your trip sounds perfectly wonderful! So glad it was a lovely time! Beautiful Beautiful pocket and tags! so frilly and lacey! The details are fantastic!

Rebekah said...

So glad to see you back and great news on the healing powers of the sea! Good for you:)
Love your pocket and tags! Great use of scrappy leftovers. YUMMMMY!

Chris said...

Oh, Ros, your trip sounds wonderful. I'd love to see the fjords. I had to smile when I read about the bread. Men, eh!!!

Your tags and pocket are so beautiful. What a lovely way to use up your scraps.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time in Norway!
Love your pocket and tags:)
Beautiful work.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time! Hope you have some pics to share with us. The pocket and tags are soo lovely. Sometimes I think scraps are less scary and more inspiring than their full-sized relations!!xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy to hear you had a fab vacation Ros! All these projects are so pretty! Love the mix of all the embellishments! Happy to see you creating :)

Tracy said...

Wowza that project is amazing Ros! I like your kind of scraps. LOL I've seen a few of these pockets and they really are pretty especially stuffed with pretty tags like these. :-)
So glad you had a wonderful trip with your aunt AND that your foot's doing better. Speedy recovery wishes for regaining your land legs. LOL Hugs!

cherry said...

welcome home Ros! I would love to see Norway some day that is where my ancestors are from...we are suppose to still have famil in oslo. I LVOE LOVE LOVE your pocket..so shabby and feminine! I hope you feel better and get your land legs back. cherry

Deb Hickman said...

So glad you enjoyed your cruise, sounds wonderful. I love your your pocketful of tags, they are gorgeous.
I look forward to seeing your photo's. Deb xxxx

Unknown said...

Welcome home my friend. Sounds like you had a great time. We missed you here in blogland.

YOur Pocket here is so pretty. I just love all the little elements you added. so pretty!!

Hugs~

NancyB said...

Beautiful pocket and tags - I've yet to try one but will once I get out of this funk I've been in! Your trip to Norway sounds heavenly!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful tags and pocket, Ros, I love all your scraps! The embellishments are fabulous! I am so glad you are home and feeling good, sorry about the cold weather, I will send you some warm weather. Hope your Sunday evening will be a nice one. So glad you are back and safe!

Zue said...

Hi Ros.
So glad you had a good trip...I must say it's on my wish list.
'A very amusing post'
Your little pocket of tags is so pretty, just you!!!
:)
Really looking forward to your photos.
xxx

papertrails leaver said...

What a beauitiful pocket! Welcome back and hope you are longer swaying! I was the same way when we returned earlier this month! I was wondering if it was truly that rocky.

Jacqueline said...

So glad you had a lovely break in Norway! Your art is stunning once again, beautiful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How beautiful, I love every single piece from the pocket to the tags!
Welcome back and I am glad you had a blast!