Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Using Burlap ....

... That's our challenge this week at City Crafter ... hosted for us by lovely Cheryl ...
I just know you all love to use burlap ... I've seen so many beautiful projects when visiting your blogs and I certainly love to use it ... 

I decided to go a little "Ooh La La" with this card ... making my own background paper from a mix of digital images and papers I have on my computer ... (I used the same background for some bookmarks I did Here) ...  I layered my digital creation onto some script paper by Grace Taylor


I cut a heart from some burlap... and I discovered that  rubons do stick to burlap as you can see...
The gentleman's hat is also a rubon and I glued a flower to it ... I like to think the Parisian gentleman - my real life Grand father - had been to the theatre then taken a stroll where he purchased a flower from a street seller and popped it onto his hat...


I had 2 French Grandfathers ... but sadly never knew either of them but I can imagine both of them would wear a hat like this whilst strolling along the streets of Paris


I hope you'll check out all the projects on the blog - we have the immensely talented Michelle Bala as our Guest Designer this week - if you have never visited her ... please do so ... she creates the most wonderful cards! 
It would be lovely to have you join us this week ... I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations (laptop permitting)  because whilst you are reading this I will be sailing the Fjords of Norway 

Many thanks for stopping by
Keep safe

~ Ros ~






20 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning card, Ros. I'm loving the Paris theme and gorgeous bow. Have a wonderful time on your cruise. Deb xxxx

Lynnda said...

Love that bow Ros... I love to see your shabby and vintage-y style... this card is beautiful... I think im playing along too ... hugs..xoxo

cnelson said...

You never cease to AMAZE me Ros! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE EVERYTHING you did here!

Heather Rogers said...

This is just beautiful Ros! So elegant and feminine. :)

Hugs~

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful French creation, Ros, I love everything you chose to add to this card, the French images are addictive! Fun challenge as well adding burlap. I know you are enjoying your voyage, your vacation! Have a beautiful day!

Unknown said...

Well Ros I think you would have done both of your grandfathers very proud with your gorgeous card, it has the right French feel with those pretty colours! Ira x

Unknown said...

I thought you were on your cruise.. I do hope you have a wonderful time. Your card is GORGEOUS! I just love it..

Hugs~

Tracy said...

Wowzers another fantastic French themed card Ros! Gorgeous ribbon bow, the little rose bud on the hat is super cute and that burlap heart--fabulous! Perfect inspiration piece! Hugs!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

An amazing piece of art again!! I LOVE this hat!! So gorgeous! And the bold bow and the black lace... and.. and... and... can´t stop! :-)

Stella said...

When it comes to a "French"touch you always add the most amazing details. This is chic, elegant and the nostalgic touch is perfect. My favorite details on this card are your heart of burlap, that FAB bow and the hat. Beauty at it's best...
XXXXX

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Stunning, Ros! Pure Oh la la effect - simply wonderful design! Have a safe journey and enjoy! x

Anonymous said...

Clever you- designing the background paper. The card is tres chic and I love how you've put a rub-on onto the burlap!
Enjoy the break x

lauren bergold said...

♥OOH LA LA♥ indeed missus! and may i add a "MANIFIQUE"!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is astonishing, sooooooooo detailed, sooooo lovely, and by far the most ELEGANT use of burlap in the history of crafting!!! :)

ps: hope the cruise has been AWESOME, gorgeous weather, calm sea, delish food, and that you've enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE... you sooooooo deserve a lovely break!!!!! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Ros this card is so pretty

Diane said...

I LOVE this.....the rub ons are great....that hat is with the floweris perfect..and the burlap is perfect, too...a great "masterpiece"!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is gorgeous, Ros. I do tend to love anything Parisian, so am drawn to your beautiful creation!

Michelle said...

Wow! That was so sweet of you to give such a nice compliment! I think you are fabulous! And this card is gorgeous! Love that perfectly shaped burlap heart and papers!

~Tammy~ said...

Ros, I was smitten when I saw this gorgeous creation! I love that ribbon!!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Love the burlap touches! The papers are gorgeous and your embellishments fab!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is GORGEOUS, not just because it has "Paris", it is a perfect Ros's creation!