Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Hello Doily

Kirsty is our host today at City Crafter Challenge and she has come up with a terrific challenge ... 
Create a project with a doily background ... the doily MUST be either stamped or doily patterned paper NOT a doily

Many moons ago we had a doily swap at City Crafter and my partner in the swap ... the lovely Chriss Blagrave sent me a doily stamp set by Maya Road ... which was just perfect for this challenge!


I inked up a couple of the doilies with Old Paper distress ink ... thing was I hadn't cleaned my stamp properly and there was a trace of black ink still on there ... hence the shaded doilies ... but I love it that way ... a happy mistake!


The beautiful image is a new one from The House Across The Bay ... I think this is my favourite to date
and that cute little vial was from sweet Kirsty


Our Guest Designer this week is Sylvia ... You all know how creative she is ... hop over and take a look at her project and those of the rest of our lovely DT and why not get out your stamps and join us this week ... We'd love to see you

Thanks so much for visiting me today 

Till soon

~ Ros ~


19 comments:

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous card Ros... I love the green!!! Lovely!!! hugs...xoxo

Sasha said...

Soooo pretty, Ros. I love your doily stamping, and beautifully embellished, as always x

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a Vintage beauty Ros! Love the doily stamped background and that vintage newsprint paper is gorgeous!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Ros! I love the clothespin and pretty flower.

That paper you asked about is from My Minds Eye/ Miss Caroline/ Dolled Up.

http://www.mymindseye.com/MC/MC.asp

Hugs,
Heather

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful colours and details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, love your stamping and that beautiful image! so fresh, love that summer green! Have a wonderful evening!

Unknown said...

You should be working for one of the DP manufacturers Ros, love your backing paper, it's awesome! And you're so right about the shades, makes your card extra special!!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Chris said...

A beautiful card, Ros. I love your background and the green - it looks so fresh.

Barbara said...

Love the card - and the green especially. It lends the card such a fresh feel... that's good in these muggy days we're having... looking at your card is like eating water melon!

cnelson said...

Perfectly GORGEOUS! LOVE the color combination!

Sue Lelli said...

Ros, your doilies are FAB (love the not on purpose shading!) and that vial is a wonderful detail! A real Beauty of a card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the doily stamp you used here, and that sweet green shades make it even prettier, great work Ros!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your sample for this one!, can't wait to play

Tracy said...

LOVE those stamped doilies Ros! The touch of green mixed in is really pretty too. Beautiful card! Hugs!

jacirascrap said...

Que lindo ficou em tons verdes!! Amável demais!

papertrails leaver said...

I think the black paired with the distress paper ink was a cool touch! It looks perfectly aged and the shades are so pretty on the white cardstock. I like the tulle and tibbon you paired behind the vial. Very nice Ros!

Michelle said...

OOOOOHHH!!!! This is stunning, Ros!

Unknown said...

Pretty card my friend. Love the doily images in the background.

Hugs~

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful!Lovely layers adn the tulle with the bottle is sweet!