Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Easel

Good morning to you ...

The rain is still falling in the UK ... It was estimated that a month's rain fell yesterday alone ... causing more misery for so many people and freezing temperatures are now being forecast ...
Nature can be incredibly beautiful ... but also a force to be reckoned with...

I hope you are ready for a new challenge at City Crafter where we have the lovely Linda hosting for us ... Linda is asking that we make a Christmas easel card ... Simple right?
This week we have LeAnne as our Guest Designer ... a very worthy winner from week 127 ... Please pop over and leave her some love ..

I chose to use the soft grey paper from Astrid ... I did warn you that you would be seeing this paper and colour combination again ... Not traditional I know but colours I really love together


The lilac coloured paper is from my supplies ... just from a pad of rainbow papers bought at a £1 store to which I added glitter before I adhered it to the card


The lovely ribbon is from The ribbon Girl .. pearls and crystal from my supplies


The sentiment is a WaltzingMouse stamp ... embossed with silver embossing powder and the star was cut on my big shot using a sizzix die


I do hope you can join us this week ... I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with ... 

Have yourselves a wonderful day wherever you are
Thanks for stopping by 

~ Ros ~




22 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love your soft purple holiday easel card, I really do!!!!!

Diane said...

It's beautiful...such a pretty, soft and pastel and dreamy card..love it!!

Zue said...

I agree with your sentiments about the floods and the weather. My heart also goes out to those who are suffering so much. It's always the same people every time.
Thanks for all your advice and tips and what a pretty easel card you have made.
xx

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Absolutely yummy colors Ros!! Love the way you've used them for this beautiful holiday card! Hope you're warm and dry~ Hugs

Astrid Maclean said...

So sorry for you guys with that terrible weather, here in Scotland it has not been too bad!
Love your card and so glad you found some more use for my paper:o)

Sasha said...

I love your easel card, Ros. Such pretty soft colours and papers. I love the designs on your panels! Gorgeous card!

I didn't go to bed until 4 a.m. and the rain was relentless. It has just stopped in the past hour. Fortunately, we are high up, but it's heartbreaking to see all these poor people having to leave their homes and lose their possessions. They are putting on a brave face, but it must be soul destroying x

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning card, Ros. What a stunning colour combo, love grey and lilac together. Thank you for your comment on my IBS challenge card, would love to see one of your cards on there. Deb x

Unknown said...

I adore what you have done with Astrid's image. She has some of the most beautiful freebies out there.

Your work is gorgeous as always!

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Ros!! I love the soft purple and the trim!! Were suppose to get 5 inches of rain here tomorrow, and ite been so beautiful here too.

Sylvia said...

What a sweet lavender Christmas card, Ros, love how soft it is and that bow and crystal! Hope you have a good day and that the rain stops for you soon.

Unknown said...

Gosh Ros, that sizzix die sure is very very pretty! As are the colours, a truly elegant and lovely card! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous. I just love the jewel you have hanging down. So pretty. So sorry to hear that the rain is still coming down. My prayers people effected by all the flooding.

Hugs~

Tracy said...

So lovely Ros. :-) I think the non-traditional colors are really in this year. Hugs!

Linda Breedlove said...

My goodness, girl... this is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and that border is fabulous, not to mention the bow!!! WOW!
Hugs!

Lynnda said...

What a beautiful card Ros... its truly Divine... hugs...xoxo

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Ros! Love the soft color palette and the fancy borders! The shimmery star looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Ros, so delicate and frilly!

lauren bergold said...

one quick glance was all i needed to see about 15 ideas i want to try: punched borders as side panels to a design, using bright white backed with a strong but soft color, dimensional glitter as the "engineering" for the easel card, BIG central bow... as always, i can learn MUCH from you missus, and your ♥STUNNING♥ card!!!

LeAnne said...

Soft and gorgeous...what a beautiful easel card! In fact, all of your things are beautiful...love those Christmas tags, too! Thanks so much for asking me to be the GD this week!

Chris said...

So beautiful! I love the colour scheme and your ribbon looks so lush.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful colours and details:)
Very pretty.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Barbara said...

You know: I think every color might work as long as the design is as beautiful as yours usually are! It's a gorgeous card.