Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Hello July

Well hello

I hope you are all well and enjoying summer. We've had rain for days now with a few intermittent bouts of sunshine but it's not what you would call summer weather or temperatures in my neck of the woods and yet I know a lot of you are over heating... Crazy!
 
I've still nothing crafty to share but I have a some garden photos (still a work in progress). Unfortunately DH can't tell a flower from a weed so I've lost quite a few of my perennials and his eyesight is now really poor but I've found him lots to do.
You may remember that I bought a new garden swing awhile ago but I decided to see f I could repair the old one
 

Well, Ginger just loves it and sits out there even in the pouring rain, so I got new parts, fitted them with Ian's help and then re-covered the seat in a thick waterproof fabric. That was hard work! The fabric is so tough but it's definitely waterproof and Gingerboy is happy.

Then there was an area where we (weather permitting) like to dine outdoors but it was quite dull - You can see it on this photo I took in May, just on the left

Before


... And now it looks like this


With a little water feature, made from a planter that I painted and it has a few succulents in there. Solar lights, a string of heart lights and pretty plants. To the side on the wall...


The photos are a little dull because the weather is wet and dull but you get the idea.


My goal was to try and use up as much stuff as I already had so the only new thing here was the mirror and the seat fabric. I had those shutters stored away from years ago and like the fencing they just needed a coat of paint, courtesy of DH. The seat cover (for 2 chairs I joined together) was made by me with some foam I had and a metre of water resist fabric

I've spent a lot of time cutting back trees and one had to go altogether which left an ugly space that I look out onto from my craft room so I transformed that with plants and flowers and bits I already had


The little bird cage held a candle but now it has greenery and solar lights that shower down when it gets dark. The mirrors were 2 old frames and I bought 2 pieces of acrylic mirror to fit them. DH helped me to hang them and if you look closely you can see the nod of approval from a little robin.
 
DH gave my little shed a coat of paint...
 

 All the added extras I had, the owl hanging to the left to which I added chimes, the the cat hook on the door and a plaque that I recovered and varnished.  The metal jug I painted and added lights that stream down at night. Ignore the chair, it's where the morning sun hits and Ginger heads off there every morning.


I said it was a work in progress and in the next month or so we are having all this gravel replaced with artificial grass and I'm really excited about that

The fountain in the middle will stay, it was leaking badly but now with some waterproof cement and new bags of pebbles it works a treat.

You could say I have been crafty but in the garden rather than with paper... 

I will catch up with you all soon and I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to along with all the other things life throws up. There have been a few hospital visits for DH and he is now having to have eye surgery, though we don't have a date yet. 

Stay well and thanks so much for your visit

Till next time

~ Ros ~


19 comments:

Pat said...

What a beautiful garden Ros and you have been very busy doing all these improvements to make it your happy place! Ginger is obviously happy with his seating arrangments too and I love the pretty heather blue paint that you have used on the shed and shutters, also all the pots and extra ornament you have placed around, also your pink lilac is gorgeous. I hope your DH gets his eye surgery soon. x

Pauline said...

Hi Ros, glad to hear you are doing well. Love the tour of your yard! Yes you have been very busy, looks beautiful! Crafty outside is just as good as crafty inside. It's nice to have other projects to work on. Gingerboy looks so content, loving his new covered swing! It's still hot over here, today not as bad but still in the mid 90's. Started raining today and continues over to Wed of next week. Only day looks good is Saturday with a bit of sunshine and 80, other days up to mid 90's.
Enjoy your week Ros, take care my friend, Hugs,

Carole said...

Wow! ou have been busy in the garden Ros and it looks really lovely with lots of interest to take the eye. You a2e very imaginative ad creative..I hope hubby doesn't have to wait too long for his eye surgery and that all is improved when it does happen. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Ros, you'll have magical fairies, and pixies residing soon! What a wonderful place for them! You have been very busy, and all your hard work has paid off beautifully!
I adore your little blue shed!
=]

Bonnie said...

Your garden is beautiful, Ros! Thanks for sharing it! I hope you get some nice weather so you can rest outside and enjoy your work.

Darlene said...

Hello my friend! WOW! Your outdoor space is BEAUTIFUL and so inviting! Love all that you've done ... so talented! You certainly have an eye for decorating and knowing where to place everything! GREAT job!
Yes, it's been a very hot spring/summer here in Ohio, USA. We had many 90 degree(F) days throughout May & June ... VERY unusual and of course this year is the year we decided to do a bit outside project! Takes up a lot of my crafting time but like you ... it will be fabulous and well enjoyed once it's done. I will share a blog post when all is said & done.
Have a fabulous day and thanks so much for sharing your outdoor space ... it's beautiful! Prayers for your DH ... this getting old is for the birds! LOL

Sue Lelli said...

Oh MY! It is a proper English Garden! LOTS of work but so worth it! Just Fabulous, Ros!

Jan said...

What a delightful place to relax and enjoy your garden...good job!!! AND, a plus that you can see such a pretty spot from your craft room!
Prayers for a good outcome with your husband's eye surgery!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

HilaryJane said...

Thanks so much for sharing your garden transformation with us. It is lovely to see you transform your outside space and see your artistic style translate into your garden. I have been spending a lot of time in the garden recently too and regularly feel overwhelmed by it. This is because we have had so much rain (unusual for us) that everything has gone bananas, plus life has been getting busier and the time for it has shrunk! I still love it though and it is so lovely to see the benefit of all the time and effort, which you clearly are now. Enjoy, the fine weather will definitely return xx

Viv said...

So pretty Ros and well worth all your efforts. A lovely place to sit and ponder about nothing, being soothed by the soft colours and the trickling water! Happy days. x

Maria said...

What wonderful garden photos, Ros! You have been busy and I’m sure your lovely garden brings great joy to you! Your sweet Ginger agrees, I believe,...sweet photo! I hope your husband does well with his upcoming eye surgery! Thank you for sharing the lovely garden photos! Take care, hugs!!

Diane said...

Very beautiful patio, it looks so relaxing as the cats look like they can testify to LOL, I know I could set there with a cuppa all day long! It has been real hot here but we always always have a nice breeze, good since we don't have AC! It has cooled down a lot however and we are home from lake house until Wednesday when we will head back up, that is as long as it warms up! Nice to see some pretty pictures of your outdoor space! Take care my friend!

Greta said...

I am so impressed! Looks like a little resort for you guys--peaceful & beautiful! I can just imagine in the evening with the lights shining. You are one talented lady, my friend! Send us some of your rain & I'll send you some of our sunshine! Well--maybe that won't work, but I am sending love & hugs your way!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Ros...your garden is such a magical place! I can see why you're so bummed about all the rain and no sunshine as I would want to be spending every minute of the day out there too!! I love how you've re-purposed so many things too instead of buying new! Such a lovely, lovely place...I'll say some extra prayers that the weather starts cooperating more so you can get out there and enjoy all that beauty you've helped to create!! Hugs. :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

You have a beautiful garden, Ros! I can see some of your beautiful cards were inspired by the garden. Love your little shed. I wish I had one like that!!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

AMAZING gardens Ros! You have added so many lovely accents and gorgeous leafy plants and flowers. A LOT of work ... good for you and hubby tackling this yourselves. It's awesome that you could repair your swing and add the waterproof fabric. I can imagine how thick and uncooperating that would be to work with. All worth the hard work ... Ginger is definitely enjoying it!! :) Maybe you'll get some time to swing on it too. :)

Your garden is so delightful and very uplifting with the beautiful greenery and bright summer colours. Now time for you to take a little relax and rest time to enjoy all your hard work. xx

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of your beautiful garden Ros x. I hope you are finding time to relax and enjoy it ? x.

Leslie Miller said...

Ros, I hardly know what to say. I'm in awe! Sorry to be MIA so long. I'm starting at your oldest post and sure glad I did. I don't like to miss anything from my favorite people! You know how I love a garden, and yours is breathtaking. It was beautiful before the improvements, but now... enchanting! I cannot wait to start working more earnestly in mine, but at the rate I'm going it might be next summer. This house thing... I want it to be done! Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pics!

Barbara said...

I guess that's what's been happening around here as well: being crafty in the garden rather than with paper. Love your creations and especially the light blue color everywhere, it's beautoful!