Thursday, September 09, 2021

A Little Bit Of Everything

 Hi... How are you?

Thanks so much for your kind comments, I'm feeling much better now and my brother came to visit which really lifted my spirits.
We've had a beautiful start to September weather wise, but today we have rain which is very welcome, not often I say that.
I've still a lot of paintings to make into cards but this past week I've been sewing, trying to finally use up all the bits of fabric I've been hoarding. I made myself 3 tops and also one for a friend who is so much slimmer than me meaning I could use up small bits.

Today I'm sharing a couple more of my painted sketches which include a bit of everything- Pens, stencils, ink blending, you name it.
First up my attempt at a wolf


You can see I used a fine liner pen for this guy and then added paint to both him and the BG and blended over the BG with distress ink before splattering with white paint

I'm sure this next one needs no introduction

Seals have such lovely eyes... Again a bit of everything including glossy accents for  bubbles and I tore the bottom of the paining to get a rough edge


And now I have to go cut my nails... They grow like weeds and I struggle to type. I see all these ladies having false nails applied and I have to keep cutting mine! Oh well...

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for your visit

Till soon


~ Ros ~



12 comments:

Darlene said...

These drawings are amazing my friend! I've always thought seals had sad eyes and of course a fox has mischievous eyes ... in both cases you've captured their mood perfectly! Love how you've created the coordinating backgrounds! SO SO TALENTED you are!!!
So glad you're feeling better and had a nice visit with your brother. Take care sweet friend and thanks for always sharing such amazing inspiration ... looking forward to your next post! HUGS from OHIO USA

Bonnie said...

Your wolf and seal are so realistic, Ros! I am always amazed at your artful cards! Beautiful backgrounds too! Glad you're feeling better.

Leslie Miller said...

You have a gift for drawing and painting animals, Ros. Always spot on, including the eyes, which are the window to the soul and very important to get right. Your cards are absolutely beautiful with the wolf and seal each in their perfect settings. Love. We need rain here. Had a few drops, but didn't amount to anything in the rain gauge.

Maria said...

Oh, what lovely paintings of the wolf and seal, Ros!! You captured their eyes making them so bright and kind!! I went from perfect weather to very hot weather since we are visiting family out west, but we are having a wonderful time! Take care and have a great rest of the week!!

Christine Alexander said...

sea mammals are always my favorite, I love your little seal. Both drawings are so realistic - amazing ♥

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful realistic drawings of your wolf and seal, Ros. I also Love the eyes for your animals! I love how you always paint such wonderful background settings too. Thank you so much for sharing. It always makes my day to see your Gorgeous paintings, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy P.S. How wonderful to get to see your brother IRL :-)

Diane said...

WOW, these are stunningly beautiful!! I have always been in awe of the wolf though I know a lot of farmers detest them! You did him up beautifully!! A long while ago they reintroduced the wolf back to the upper peninsula of Michigan, I guess they have grown to be quite many of them now and people are complaining , I think they are so majestic but have to admit I wouldn't want to see one in my back yard LOL!

Pat said...

These are both so well drawn and painted Ros, and beautifully captured in every way, and the eyes are so expressive. Animals are really difficult to do well and these are brilliant, and such pretty finished designs too. x

Loll said...

Your painting just get more and more intricate, Ros. I love how you've created the fur on the wolf. Those eyes are just staring at me ... they are so realistic. Same for the sweet seal. The eyes really make a huge difference and you nailed them! Love all the background stenciling, sponging, watercolour, embossing, etc. to create such beautiful backgrounds for both paintings. Love. Loll

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are beautiful and you sure have the 'eyes' down to perfection Ros x. The both cards look so peaceful and atmospheric x.
So glad to read that you feel much better and so glad your brother managed a trip to see you x. Well done too with the sewing x. Yes I like to keep my nails on the shorter side but do have gel on them for trips away....Then I find it even harder to type and to craft!

Barbara said...

Great paintings - the fur of the wolf is so realistic! Love the seal, too, but really it's the whole layout with the rough edge, the background and everything.

Greta said...

Oh wow--I totally adore the seal painting with that wonderful background! The snowy wolf painting is beautiful, too! You're so talented, Ros! Good for you doing that sewing & great you could see your brother.