Monday, September 06, 2021

Flowers and Ruben

 Hello friends... 
I hope this finds you well? 
I've been a little out of sorts this past week, just not feeling 100% though I've kept myself busy sewing, painting and even some gardening. Maybe it's down to Ruben - I will explain below, but first a couple of cards.

These were made for friends 
First up is the green one...


This happens to be my favourite


But then you may prefer the blue one


...which is also quite glittery courtesy of a glitter gel pen. I'm not sure if you can see the sparkly frame but it is there



I tend to do my sketches on paper and then trace them onto the card stock, that way I can keep the original to use as many times as I like.

Now Ruben...



You may recall I recently painted a grey cat which looked like one I lost years ago... Well, we have been looking after a grey tom cat for about 4 years now. He comes regularly a few times a day, often with a couple of scratches that we've tended to, eats his food and off he goes. I've posted many times on various social media sites to see who owned him but to no avail so we continued to care for him.
 
Last week I saw a post on Facebook of a missing cat and it was our grey. I contacted the lady (who lives close by) to tell her he was here and it seems she 'adopted" him during the first lock down and named him Ruben. Well, cutting a long story short, I asked her to get him neutered when he came back and have him checked out - he was looking quite thin. He returned to her 4 days later and she took him to the vet but sadly it turned out he had cancer, his breathing was laboured and he had to be put to sleep.  
Honestly it broke my heart and I miss his little face...
 
Till soon
 
~ Ros ~
 


16 comments:

Viv said...

Beautiful art Ros. Hard to choose a favourite, the green is soothing and the blue peaceful!
Poor Ruben, he looks such a pretty contented cat. At least his suffering is over now. Sending you a consoling hug. x

Diane said...

Both cards are beautiful, the green is my favorite too thought the blue one is just as beautiful! So sorry about your Ruben, I had some we fed regularly and they are now gone, I do miss them and wish I could see their happy faces again, big hugs to you my friend, feel better soon!

Marcia Hill said...

They are both BEAUTIFUL Ros, but I think the green one is my favorite too! And how sad about Ruben...I'm sure it just broke your heart after caring for him so long! Sending lots of warm hugs my friend!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

So sorry about the beautiful Ruben Ros and no wonder you have been out of sorts this week x.
Both cards are so pretty, so unique and again you are fabulous at drawing Ros x. I was going to say my favourite was the amazing green one, then scrolled down and the blue one sure is extra pretty with the shiny frame, the flower bud and the delicate stencilling.........So Nope I do not have a favourite, as I love the both of them Ros x.
Thinking of you x

Leslie Miller said...

The green is my favorite, too, Ros. Such a beautiful shade and a beautifully drawn flower. You know how I love all the soft detail in your artwork. The blue is exquisite with the hint of stenciled background and the sparkly frame. I'm sorry to hear about Reuben. He must have felt peaceful and comfortable in your garden. I am glad his person had that last bit of time with him, but it is heartbreaking for both of you all the same.

Christine Alexander said...

Ros, so sorry to hear about Ruben, he got to share in your garden and touch your life even if it was for a very short time. He's at peace and not in pain ♥
I love both of them but the green really caught my eye XX

Darlene said...

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about Ruben ... he will hold a special place in your heart and in your drawings I'm sure.
These cards are BEAUTIFUL ... these floral drawings are AMAZING! You are SO TALENTED!! Thanks for always inspiring me even though I can even draw a stick figure! LOL
Hope you have a fabulous week ahead! The weather here in Ohio USA has turned towards Fall with cooler temperatures and crisp nights. Feels good to have my windows open again vs the AC running all the time! HUGS my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

A favorite? the first in green, please!
I'm so sad for Ruben, and for you, Ros. We've had to make this excruciatingly hard decision twice. It keeps my heart from saying yes to another kitty...
=[

Bonnie said...

I can't decide, Ros! I LOVE the green flower! It's such a beautiful shade of green! And I love the blue flower with the tilted frame and soft stenciling. I'm so sorry about Ruben. It's so hard to let them go and we do miss their sweet company. I hope Gingerboy is still doing well.

Loll said...

Your are an amazing artist, my friend. These flowers are STUNNING! I love both colours ... it would be hard for me to pick a favourite.

So sorry to hear about Ruben. The photo of him is a wonderful keepsake. He was a very beautiful cat. Hugs, Loll

Maria said...

So sorry to hear about Ruben. It sounds like he appreciated having you in his life and you did very well by him. You are so kind to animals and I know how you must miss him, hugs!! Your paintings of the flowers are gorgeous and I love both of them!! You are so talented, my friend!! Take care, hugs!!

Pat said...

More beautiful art with these brilliantly painted flowers Ros and gorgeous in both colours. So sorry about Ruben and sure you must miss his visits a lot, but at least he isn't suffering any longer. x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, both cards are stunning, Ros! Love your wonderful sketches and coloring! The soft shades of green, blue, and grey are simply beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear about Ruben. He'll be always with you in your heart.
Hideko xx

Barbara said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear about Ruben. He was reunited briefly with his owner at least... but it's so sad he had to go so soon.
Your cards are beautiful - I like them both and would have a hard time picking a favorite. Maybe the first one for the use of the washi tape. But then I like how the painting is sort of falling out of the frame in the second one. I guess I won't be making up my mind after all!

HilaryJane said...

Definitely the green one. I always like green best. These flowers are so delicate and beautiful. So sorry to hear about your little visitor xx

Greta said...

Oh how unfair! So glad he had your care for 4 years & won't be suffering. Doesn't make you miss him less. Your floral paintings are just beautiful, Ros! I actually like the green one best, too.