Monday, November 15, 2021

Paint Your Sparkle

 Hello

I didn't expect to be posting again today but I made quite a few Christmas cards yesterday so today whilst I have a minute two cards

I had a digital image of the wellington boots from a free colouring page and I drew and painted everything else
 
My first card
 


The 'paintbrush' is supposed to be adding the sparkle and though it's not very apparent in the photos, I have added a little video at the end of my post which shows it better


The second card is a smaller version of the first one done without the lines and painted softer - after drawing the foliage and paintbrush I scanned the image so I could print it again to paint and alter the size

This time I omitted the black lines and painted it softer


Do you have a preference? I'm liking the soft colours


I used stencil paste and glitter for the snow, gold paint, gold glitter pen and Mod Podge dimensional for the dots on the boots and the sentiment is computer generated.

And here's a short video link so you can see that sparkle... I've had trouble trying to upload the original video so I hope this works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZT2UlVBHQ 

Have a good day friends
 
~ Ros ~









 



16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Both cards look sparkly and are so creative Ros x. Fun idea with the paintbrush and thank you for the short video. Both versions are wonderful and no favourites from me....love them both my friend x.

Maria said...

What lovely Christmas cards with the boots, Ros! Wonderful dimension with the pretty snow and lovely painted leaves! What a treat to see the video with all the sparkle and shine! Have a great week!!

Carole said...

WOW! Ros.....what sparkle...lovely and your video shows it so well..I love both cards and you have a wonderful imagination and attention to detail...super!! xx

Marcia Hill said...

The video worked great Ros and I'm so glad you did it as the sparkle is AMAZING on both of your beautiful cards!! I think I like the softer colored one too, but they're both so pretty, and that sentiment is just perfect! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

No I don't have a preference. Love them both equally. Thanks for sharing the video and the amazing sparkle. Someone is going to be very happy to receive these xx

Pat said...

What fabulous cards Ros and what a lot of wonderful shimmer and shine on them both...I think I prefer the softer colours too, and I love the beautiful font of the sentiment, really elegant. x

Darlene said...

OH WOW these are just beautiful and what a clever idea to put the holly branches in the wellies ... and I watched the video ... WOWZA the sparkle is just gorgeous! WELL DONE my friend! You are SO TALENTED!! Love them both! Hugs & Happy Day to you!!

I Card Everyone said...

What I love about the softer print is that it matches your painting style - but after watching that video, both are fabulous, and so glittering gorgeous!
=]

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Stunning glitter, Ros. TFS the video so we can see the Amazing Glitter:-)
I Love both cards, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

LOVE these cards Ros. I watched the video and can see all the sparkle! So pretty! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the brighter colors of the first, but then I love the softer shades of the second so it's a draw here. I love, love, love the texture and sparkle on both!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooops, I missed these because of spotty internet, a laptop that has never been ideal, and too many other things to do, sheesh. They're so pretty! Since you asked, I actually think I like the first one best. Your video shows the sparkle exactly the way we see it on our cards but can never convey the splendor in a photograph. Thank you for that treat, Ros!

Robyn Oliver said...

Clever you Ros with the little video of all your sparkles... the wellies and holly are a nice idea for a Christmas card... I too like the softer effects, hugs Robyn

Papercraft Boutique said...

I saw the gorgeous sparkle and shine in the video, Ros! The texture of the snow is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing the video!
Your hand-drawn greenery and paint brush are so good that I thought they were part of the digi picture. I love both cards!
Hideko xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--the sparkle in the video is amazing, Ros! I love them both!

Barbara said...

Both cards are gorgeous but if I had to choose I'd go for the one with stronger hues.