Saturday, July 17, 2021

Paintings

 Good morning...
We are having a heat wave at the moment and my thoughts go out to all the people in Europe who have experienced devastating floods...I can't even begin to imagine the heartache.

Today I am sharing two very different creations...
This first one I did ages ago inspired by something I saw on Pinterest which I think was Cows parsley
You can see the original here


I did my own version and added a Rubon butterfly
 

What you can't see is the sparkle I added... Here's a tip for you
You know how you can tap on a paintbrush or a Posca pen to create splatters? Well if you have something like a Nuvo glue pen you can do the same and then sprinkle the glitter on, just a shame the photo doesn't show it

My next card is made from part of a painting I did and a couple of painted die cut pieces


The mouse, flower and mushroom I sketched and painted then fussy cut before adding the die cut bits


You know I am sitting here in my craft room with the doors wide open and looking out onto the little area I recently created and the birds are singing... It's my little piece of heaven


Have a beautiful day

~ Ros ~


12 comments:

Maria said...

Your paintings are so beautiful, Ros!! What interesting color and technique on your first card! Gorgeous butterfly, too!! The second card is so sweet with the mouse and bird! You truly are talented!! Thank you so much for sharing your beauties with us today! Oh, and a lovely photo of your garden! I agree...a little piece of heaven!!

Pat said...

Your cow parsley painting is beautiful Ros and love the added butterfly, and then the scene you have created with your own hand dreawn bits with the extra die cut pieces to complete the pretty scene. How lovely to look out from your craft room on all that wonderful greenery..perfect! x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous mixed media painting of Cow's Parsnip and butterfly, Ros. I went to the link of the artist that was your inspiration. Her CAS floral paintings are amazing and inspiring. Loved your sweet painted and cut out mouse, flower and mushroom which were a perfect place for your sweet die cut colored birdie and branch. Lovely sentiment and splatters too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Diane said...

Beautiful paintings, so unique!! Your garden is beautiful as well, looks so relaxing and peaceful!!

Bonnie said...

What an amazing artsy card, Ros! Your expertise continues to thrive, my friend! Love the sweet card with the mouse and mushroom too! Your garden space is a little bit of heaven!

Christine Alexander said...

two wonderful cards, your abstract mixed media is so cool, love the colours and of course your little creatures and mushroom are adorable- awesome colouring XX

HilaryJane said...

Two really lovely cards, but that first one is something really special, what a brilliant effect. Thanks for the tip re glitter splatters and for sharing a photo of your amazing garden xx

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness, your painting is stunning Ros, Wow! and your added butterfly is a great addition! Love your little scene with mouse and bird, so sweet! So good to see your creations today, sorry I've haven't been around much. Hope you are doing well, hugs,

Loll said...

Your painting is amazing, Ros. Very creative and artsy. I will have to read about the technique and hope to give it a try. Of course, you sweet card with your handdrawn images is just the sweetest and so uplifting! :)

Your little piece of heaven is beautiful. Great work! Wonderful that you can see it from your craft room. xx

Mac Mable said...

Adorable second card and what an amazing painting Ros...thank you for the tip too x. You are so creative and thanks for sharing x.

Greta said...

I'd love to be sitting next to you looking at your beautiful garden, Ros! Wonderful work, as always! Really love your first piece & need to remember to splatter glue for embossing!

Barbara said...

Such lovely cards - but that mouse and the robin are too cute! Love the view from your craft room...